Wheelchair Hockey Game Scheduled for March 3rd
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today details for the team's annual Wheelchair charity hockey game.
This year's event will take place at 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 3rd at Heights High School. Tickets are $5 for adults and free for kids ages 12 and under. Tickets can be purchased at the door or at the next three Thunder home games.
Each Thunder player will be wearing a special jersey during the contest and there will be a live auction after the game with the proceeds benefiting Wichita Adaptive Sports.
"Wichita Adaptive Sports is very pleased to be partnering again with the Wichita Thunder for the 19th annual Wichita Thunder versus Wichita Plunder Wheelchair hockey game," commented Nick Taylor. "Through the years, this game has provided a great deal of awareness for our organization, as well as a great deal of fundraising that helps sustain our programs."
Wichita Adaptive Sports is a non-profit (501c-3) corporation dedicated to the promotion of adaptive sports and recreation in south-central Kansas. They provide, promote, encourage and engage in sports, physical fitness, and recreational activities designed for individuals with physical disabilities.
The Thunder returns to action on Friday night with a visit to Tulsa for another installment in the StoneWolf Casino Cup Series starting at 7:05 p.m.
Saturday night is the annual Police vs. Fire Charity Hockey game, presented by Twister City Harley Davidson. Come cheer on the Cops as they take on the Fire starting at 5 p.m. Saturday is also Youth Jersey Giveaway Night, presented by Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. The first 1,000 kids 12 and under in the door get a youth jersey. Jerseys will be handed out when the doors open at 4:45 p.m.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 13, 2019
- Solar Bears Win Streak Halted in 5-2 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavericks Fall to Oilers in Makeup Game, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Blanked in Cincinnati - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Fend off Mavericks 2-1 - Tulsa Oilers
- Milner's 37 Saves Not Enough in 3-1 Loss to Norfolk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Johansson Perfect in Cyclones Return to Home Ice - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Klima's Three Points Pushes Norfolk Past Stingrays 3-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Railers Cough up Three Goal Third Period Lead and Fall 5-4 in Overtime in Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Martin Completes Miraculous Mariners Comeback - Maine Mariners
- Ruby Shines in 5-2 Win over Reading - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Knocked Down at Wheeling, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Monarchs Drop First Game of Florida Trip, 5-2, to Jacksonville - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 13 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Sign David Mazurek - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Back National Girls & Women in Sports Day Joint Resolution - Maine Mariners
- Preview: Everblades Renew Rivalry with Orlando with Wednesday Night Tilt - Florida Everblades
- Wheelchair Hockey Game Scheduled for March 3rd - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Admirals, February 13, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Ronning Recalled to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Nailers vs. Royals Game Day Snap Shot, February 13 - Wheeling Nailers
- Roe Returns to 'Blades from Loan to AHL's Manitoba Moose - Florida Everblades
- Indy Trades for Forward Woody Hudson - Indy Fuel
- Game Day: Royals Seek 100th Win Ever vs. Wheeling - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.