Ronning Recalled to Hartford
PORTLAND, ME - Forward Ty Ronning was recalled to the Hartford Wolf Pack on Wednesday. Ronning has 19 points in 22 games with the Mariners but hasn't appeared in a game since suffering a lower body injury on January 18th against Manchester.
A 7th round pick of the New York Rangers in 2016, Ronning was assigned to Maine on November 19th and made quite a splash in his ECHL debut, scoring three goals and adding two assists all in the third period on November 24th against Manchester, leading the Mariners to a come-from-behind 6-4 win. In total, Ronning has scored nine goals, adding ten assists in 22 games as a Mariner this season. On January 12th in Brampton, Ronning scored the overtime winner in the game's final seconds on what was the Mariners' only shot of OT.
Since his professional debut in 2016-17, the 21-year-old Ronning has played 23 games with Hartford, scoring three goals and adding three assists. He joined Hartford out of the Vancouver Giants WHL organization, where he put up back to back 50-point seasons to finish his Junior career.
The Mariners are home tonight, finishing their five game homestand as they return to divisional play and host the Worcester Railers at 7:00 PM. Only two home games remain in the month of February - the other is Sunday, February 24th at 3:00 PM also against Worcester. A full team autograph session will follow the game. General admission tickets can be purchased at MarinersofMaine.com or by visiting or calling the Trusted Choice Box Office: 207-775-3458.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 13, 2019
- Solar Bears Win Streak Halted in 5-2 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavericks Fall to Oilers in Makeup Game, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Blanked in Cincinnati - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Fend off Mavericks 2-1 - Tulsa Oilers
- Milner's 37 Saves Not Enough in 3-1 Loss to Norfolk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Johansson Perfect in Cyclones Return to Home Ice - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Klima's Three Points Pushes Norfolk Past Stingrays 3-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Railers Cough up Three Goal Third Period Lead and Fall 5-4 in Overtime in Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Martin Completes Miraculous Mariners Comeback - Maine Mariners
- Ruby Shines in 5-2 Win over Reading - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Knocked Down at Wheeling, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Monarchs Drop First Game of Florida Trip, 5-2, to Jacksonville - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 13 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Sign David Mazurek - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Back National Girls & Women in Sports Day Joint Resolution - Maine Mariners
- Preview: Everblades Renew Rivalry with Orlando with Wednesday Night Tilt - Florida Everblades
- Wheelchair Hockey Game Scheduled for March 3rd - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Admirals, February 13, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Ronning Recalled to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Nailers vs. Royals Game Day Snap Shot, February 13 - Wheeling Nailers
- Roe Returns to 'Blades from Loan to AHL's Manitoba Moose - Florida Everblades
- Indy Trades for Forward Woody Hudson - Indy Fuel
- Game Day: Royals Seek 100th Win Ever vs. Wheeling - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.