Mavericks Fall to Oilers in Makeup Game, 2-1
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks were defeated by the Tulsa Oilers by a score of 2-1 Wednesday night at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Mavericks forward Darian Dziurzynski scored his 20th goal of the season and goaltender Mason McDonald stopped 30 of 32 shots by Tulsa on the night despite the loss.
Tulsa scored the lone goal of the first period on a goal at the 16:08 mark on a goal from Ryan Tesink. Alex Globke and Adam Pleskach were given the assists on the goal.
Darian Dziurzynski tied the game for Kansas City with 7:42 remaining in the middle frame. The goal was his 20th of the season. Greg Betzold and Riley Sweeney picked up the assists on the goal. The Oilers reclaimed the lead with 59 seconds left in the period on a goal from Pleskach. Tesink and Dylan Bredo assisted on the goal.
The Oilers held their lead through the end of regulation and defeated Kansas City by a final score of 2-1. Mavericks goaltender Mason McDonald shined for Kansas City in net, stopping 30 of 32 shots.
Tonight's game wrapped up a nine-game home stand for the Mavericks, who ended up with a 5-3-1 record and 11 out of a possible 18 points on the home stand. After a three-game set with the Utah Grizzlies, the Mavericks return home for a six-game homestand on February 20.
The Mavericks now hit the road to West Valley City, Utah for three games against the Utah Grizzlies before returning home next Wednesday to face the Toledo Walleye. Faceoff against Toledo is 7:05 p.m. at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. For more information, please visit kcmavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 13, 2019
- Solar Bears Win Streak Halted in 5-2 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavericks Fall to Oilers in Makeup Game, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Blanked in Cincinnati - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Fend off Mavericks 2-1 - Tulsa Oilers
- Milner's 37 Saves Not Enough in 3-1 Loss to Norfolk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Johansson Perfect in Cyclones Return to Home Ice - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Klima's Three Points Pushes Norfolk Past Stingrays 3-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Railers Cough up Three Goal Third Period Lead and Fall 5-4 in Overtime in Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Martin Completes Miraculous Mariners Comeback - Maine Mariners
- Ruby Shines in 5-2 Win over Reading - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Knocked Down at Wheeling, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Monarchs Drop First Game of Florida Trip, 5-2, to Jacksonville - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 13 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Sign David Mazurek - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Back National Girls & Women in Sports Day Joint Resolution - Maine Mariners
- Preview: Everblades Renew Rivalry with Orlando with Wednesday Night Tilt - Florida Everblades
- Wheelchair Hockey Game Scheduled for March 3rd - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Admirals, February 13, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Ronning Recalled to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Nailers vs. Royals Game Day Snap Shot, February 13 - Wheeling Nailers
- Roe Returns to 'Blades from Loan to AHL's Manitoba Moose - Florida Everblades
- Indy Trades for Forward Woody Hudson - Indy Fuel
- Game Day: Royals Seek 100th Win Ever vs. Wheeling - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Zach Osburn Selected as ECHL All-Star
- Mavs Skid Continues in Allen with 8-0 Loss
- Mavs Monday: Dinged up Mavs Enter Crucial Stretch
- Mavs Snakebit in Front of Sellout Crowd, Blown out in Saturday Night Contest to Allen
- Mavs Go .500 on Road Trip After Loss in Newfoundland