Week-Long Series up for Grabs in Norfolk
NORFOLK, Va. - The Atlanta Gladiators (8-6-2-0) meet the Norfolk Admirals (9-8-0-1) tonight for the rubber match of the week-long series. Atlanta and Norfolk have split the previous two engagements, and the Glads sit right behind the Admirals in the middle of the South Division standings with 18 points.
Scouting the Admirals
Atlanta spoiled Norfolk's perfect home record on Friday, and now the Admirals are 5-1-0-0 when playing at home. Norfolk is led by Alex Tonge's 15 points (7G-8A), but Tonge is yet to record a point against the Gladiators this season. After seeing Beck Warm in net the last two games, it is likely that Atlanta will now face Dylan Wells tonight. Wells owns a 3-3-0-0 record, a 3.89 goals-against average, and an .898 save percentage.
Last Time Out/Last Meeting
The Gladiators won their first game since Thanksgiving with a 4-1 victory over Norfolk on Friday night. Cody Milan had an opportunity in the first period to give the Ads the lead on a penalty shot, but Tyler Parks made a strong left-pad save to keep the game scoreless. Greg Campbell put Atlanta up 1-0 in the second period after a patient Mike Pelech hit Campbell as the trailer. In the closing seconds of the second frame, Luke Nogard found Cody Sylvester on the back door to give the Gladiators the lead again. Atlanta took a 3-1 advantage to open the third when Hugo Roy stole the puck from Lang and scored on a breakaway. Parks finished his night with 23 saves on 24 shots.
Red Hot Roy
Glads forward Hugo Roy leads the club with nine goals on the season. The centerman netted four goals in four games before getting the call up to Belleville in the AHL. After two scoreless games immediately following his return from Belleville, Roy has bagged five goals in his last five contests, including markers in his last three games.
Goal in 400th Pro Game for Sylvester
ï»¿Glads forward Cody Sylvester scored the game-winning goal on Friday against Norfolk for his seventh tally of the season. Friday marked Sylvester's 400th professional game. The 29-year-old from British Columbia has skated in five different professional leagues, including two in North America and three in Europe. Sylvester spent six years overseas before returning to the Western Hemisphere to play for the Wheeling Nailers last season.
400 ECHL Assists for Pelech
With an assist on Greg Campbell's goal in second period on Friday against Norfolk, Mike Pelech recorded his 400th ECHL assist. The 13-year pro is skating with his 11th ECHL club in the Gladiators, and currently ranks third all-time with 783 ECHL games played. Pelech also recorded a helper on Cody Sylvester's goal on Wednesday, and his 401 ECHL assists rank him third all-time in league standings.
WHEN: Saturday, Dec. 4 at 7:30 PM ET
WHERE: Norfolk Scope - Norfolk, Va.
WHO: Atlanta Gladiators at Norfolk Admirals
BROADCAST: All Atlanta Gladiators games are broadcast live on the Gladiators Broadcast Network. Listen to the game online at Mixlr.com, or watch the game on FloHockey.TV.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 4, 2021
- Lions Going for 6 Straight Tonight - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Admirals Dominate Gladiators in Deciding Matchup - Norfolk Admirals
- Fuel Defeat Cyclones in Electric 4-0 Shutout - Indy Fuel
- Kozlowski Makes Career-High 48 Saves, Heartlanders Win - Iowa Heartlanders
- Kupsky's 27-Save Effort Leads Steelheads in 5-0 Shutout Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Win Third Straight on Hensick's Game-Winner - Toledo Walleye
- Atlanta Drops Weekend Finale in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Lions Sweep Skunk Apes in 6-3 Showing - Florida Everblades
- Walleye Win on Overtime Power Play - Wheeling Nailers
- Florek Sends Teddy Bears Flying; Stingrays Close out in Shootout Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Santos Gets Teddy Bear Goal, But Mariners Fall to Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Net Four Goals in the Third to Beat Mariners, 4-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Put in Complete Effort to Take Two of Three from Growlers - Reading Royals
- Growlers Drop 4-2 Decision to Royals - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - December 4 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: Teddy Bear Toss and Hispanic Heritage Night at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Look to Take Two of Three against Growlers at 5:30 - Reading Royals
- Week-Long Series up for Grabs in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Skunk Apes and Trois Rivières Set for Teddy Bear Toss - Florida Everblades
- Morning Tea: Swamp Rabbits at Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Hold off Cyclones for 3-2 Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings Defeat Grizz 3-1 on Pride Night at the Mav - Utah Grizzlies
- Gorsuch Gorgeous in K-Wings Win - Kalamazoo Wings
- Rush Comeback Falls Short in Tulsa, 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.