Royals Look to Take Two of Three against Growlers at 5:30
The Reading Royals, proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, play the Newfoundland Growlers in St. John's at 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Mary Brown's Centre. This is the final matchup of the week against Newfoundland.
Friday, the Royals beat the Growlers for the first time in 2021-22 behind Jackson Cressey's first-ever multi-goal game. Cressey scored midway through the first period to give Reading a lead it would never relinquish. Grant Cooper provided cushion to the Royals 3:54 into the second period with Cressey assisting.
Marcus Power scored late in the middle period after a shot from Matteo Piertroniro bounced off the post straight to Power's tape with an open net in front of him. This cut the lead in half, but just 2:42 into the third, Cressey added his second goal and third point of the game to rebuild the Royals' lead to two. Pat Nagle saved 30 of 31 shots en route to his 197th career ECHL win.
The Royals are second in the North Division, ahead of Trois-Rivieres by one point. Reading holds a record of 7-5-4-1 and 19 points. Newfoundland continues to lead the North and the ECHL with a 14-3-0-0 record and 28 points.
Fans can listen to the game at mixlr.com/readingroyals or watch at FloSports through bit.ly/RoyalsFloSports.
Saturday, Dec. 11 vs. Adirondack - Affiliation Night! Celebrate the Royals' affiliation with the Flyers. Gritty will be at Santander Arena, a Kirill Ustimenko bobblehead will be given away presented by Savage Auto Group, the Royals will play on orange ice, fans will get chances to win gift cards during the game, and there will be a Teddy Bear Toss, postgame skate presented by T-Mobile, and postgame party presented by DoubleTree by Hilton Reading.
Buy tickets HERE: www.royalshockey.com/promotions
Reading Royals season, flex memberships and group tickets are available for the 2021-22 season by visiting the Royals' box office at Santander Arena or by calling 610-898-7825.
Images from this story
Reading Royals goaltender Pat Nagle stuffs a shot from the Newfoundland Growlers
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 4, 2021
- Lions Going for 6 Straight Tonight - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Admirals Dominate Gladiators in Deciding Matchup - Norfolk Admirals
- Fuel Defeat Cyclones in Electric 4-0 Shutout - Indy Fuel
- Kozlowski Makes Career-High 48 Saves, Heartlanders Win - Iowa Heartlanders
- Kupsky's 27-Save Effort Leads Steelheads in 5-0 Shutout Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Win Third Straight on Hensick's Game-Winner - Toledo Walleye
- Atlanta Drops Weekend Finale in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Lions Sweep Skunk Apes in 6-3 Showing - Florida Everblades
- Walleye Win on Overtime Power Play - Wheeling Nailers
- Florek Sends Teddy Bears Flying; Stingrays Close out in Shootout Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Santos Gets Teddy Bear Goal, But Mariners Fall to Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Net Four Goals in the Third to Beat Mariners, 4-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Put in Complete Effort to Take Two of Three from Growlers - Reading Royals
- Growlers Drop 4-2 Decision to Royals - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - December 4 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: Teddy Bear Toss and Hispanic Heritage Night at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Look to Take Two of Three against Growlers at 5:30 - Reading Royals
- Week-Long Series up for Grabs in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Skunk Apes and Trois Rivières Set for Teddy Bear Toss - Florida Everblades
- Morning Tea: Swamp Rabbits at Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Hold off Cyclones for 3-2 Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings Defeat Grizz 3-1 on Pride Night at the Mav - Utah Grizzlies
- Gorsuch Gorgeous in K-Wings Win - Kalamazoo Wings
- Rush Comeback Falls Short in Tulsa, 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Five Unanswered Goals Drown Thunder, 5-2
- Second Period Goal Explosion Leads to 6-4 Win over Worcester
- MLK Day Matchup with Worcester Set for 1:00 p.m. Puck Drop
- All-Star Pritchard Scores First Since December 1 in 2-1 Loss to Railers
- Royals Meet Worcester in Second Leg of Back-To-Back at DCU Center