Tomkins Reassigned to Indy
ROCKFORD, Ill - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs today announced they have reassigned goaltender Matt Tomkins to their ECHL affiliate, the Indy Fuel.
Tomkins, 24, was recalled on Thursday and did not appear in the IceHogs' game against Grand Rapids last night. He returns to the Fuel with a 24-17-2 record, 3.07 GAA and .904 save percentage in 46 ECHL appearances this season. At the time of his recall, the netminder ranked first in the league in saves (1,313) and minutes (2,734) and second in total wins.
Overall, the Edmonton, Alberta native is 35-26-2 in 71 career ECHL games with the Fuel and 1-4-2 with a 4.04 GAA and .871 save percentage in eight career AHL contests with Rockford.
Next Home Game: March 16 vs. Cleveland | 6 p.m.
The Rockford IceHogs host Dino Night on March 16 at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive a FREE bobblehead of Jane, the T-Rex, which is displayed in Rockford's own Burpee Museum of Natural History, courtesy of Register Star Media.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 16, 2019
- Griffins Top Admirals with 3-2 Shootout Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Drop Saturday Clash with Tucson, 5-2 - Stockton Heat
- Chris Conner Wins It for Lehigh Valley as Time Expires in Wild Finish - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Division-Leading Wolves Thrash San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- McKenzie, Tynan Lead Wolves Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Rocket Score Five Powerplay Goals in 6-5 Shooutout Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Gropp and Huska Lead Wolf Pack Charge over Utica - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sens Nudge Past Laval in Shootout - Belleville Senators
- Bernier matches career high with Bridgeport's lone goal in Saturday loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Roll Past Devils, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Salvage Point in SO Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bears Blow Past Sound Tigers, 5-1 - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Earn Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to IceHogs - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Clawed by Wolf Pack - Utica Comets
- Penguins Earn 2-1 Overtime Win over Providence - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Lose to Crunch, 4-1 - Binghamton Devils
- P-Bruins Get a Point, But Fall in OT 2-1 to Penguins - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Suffer Second Straight Loss in Charlotte - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Pick up Season Sweep of Rochester - Charlotte Checkers
- IceHogs Sign Defenseman Dmitry Osipov to PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Edged by Red-Hot Eagles, 3-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Win Streak Reaches Nine with 3-2 Triumph over San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Recall Goaltender Colton Point - Texas Stars
- Flyers Recall Justin Bailey from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Marlies Road Swing Continues in Lehigh - Toronto Marlies
- Game #56 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Get Behind the Sens as the Team Pushes to Secure Its Spot in the Calder Cup Playoffs - Belleville Senators
- Stockton Looks to Bounce Back against Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Tomkins Reassigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- First Place Condors Host Star Wars Night Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, March 16 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Face Bears, T-Birds this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Roadrunners Snap Skid with 3-1 Win over Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Late Push Falls Short in OT - Manitoba Moose
- Iowa Rides Power Play to 6-3 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Heat Drop Defensive Battle to Tucson, 3-1 - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Blackhawks Agree to Extension with Hogs Team MVP Nilsson
- Week 28 Report: Hogs Hit 80 Points as Season Comes to Close
- Comeback Stalls in Season Finale against Admirals
- IceHogs Announce 2018-19 Team Awards
- Rockford Eliminated from Playoff Push with Shutout in Iowa