First Place Condors Host Star Wars Night Tonight
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Pacific Division leading Bakersfield Condors host the Ontario Reign on Dignity Health Home Ice at Rabobank Arena at 7 p.m. for Star Wars Night. Bakersfield is 10-1-1 in its last 12 home games. The Condors lead the division by seven points and have a magic number of 10 points to clinch a playoff berth. Click here to view the "Playoff Primer."
Due to the anticipated large crowd, fans are strongly encouraged to arrive early. Also, there will be several downtown street closures due to a car show which could affect travel.
Great seats start at just $12 ($13 on game day) and can be purchased, or at the Rabobank Arena box office (opens at noon).
PROMOTION DETAILS: Characters from the 501st including Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Jedi, Chewbacca, R2D2 will be on the concourse for pictures presented by 23ABC, Sunny 105.3, and American Business Machines. The team will wear specialty "Bounty Hunter" jerseys to benefit local charities. Plus win one to be given away!
In addition to the game issued live jersey auction, many more "character" jerseys will be silent auctioned on the concourse including: Skywalker, Kenobi, IG-88, Solo, Vader, Hutt, Greedo, Princess Leia, Dengar and more!
Please allow extra time for arrival as Rabobank Arena has installed metal detectors at all entrances. Doors open at 6 p.m. (5:45 p.m. for Condors365 Members)
EAT & DRINK
Corned Beef & Cabbage
Pork Belly BLT
Crossbar Craft Beer Pub
Ice Level Lounge (free with any ticket, must be 21+)
DOWNLOAD THE CONDORS APP: iTunes |Google Play
BAKERFIELD MARRIOTT POST-GAME AUTOGRAPH BOOTH: None due to jersey auction
The Bakersfield Condors host the Ontario Reign in the seventh of 10 matchups on the season. Bakersfield will see Ontario four times over the final 11 games of the regular season. The Condors are 5-1-0 against the Reign and have won the last four in the series.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield inched closer to securing a playoff spot in a 5-4 overtime loss to the San Diego Gulls on Wednesday. The Condors opened the scoring with C Tyler Vesel scoring en route to a three-point night. However, the Gulls used three power play goals to force overtime and earned the extra point.
Ontario plays game five of a five-game road trip tonight and are 2-1-1 on the trip. After sweeping the Tucson Roadrunners and dropping the opener in Colorado, the Reign rallied to force overtime and secure a point in Loveland on Wednesday.
THE BIG SWEDE
In his first pro season in North America, D William Lagesson leads all Condors d-men with seven goals and a +23. Over the last seven games, the Gothenburg, Sweden native has seven points (3g-4a). He scored on Wednesday and was a +3. He is t-4th among all AHL d-men with a +23.
The Condors magic number to clinch a playoff berth is 10 with 11 games remaining. That number could decrease tonight with points gained by the Condors or failed to be gained by Tucson.
LW Tyler Benson (3g-4a) is on a five-game point streak... C Cooper Marody (2g-6a) is on a five-game point streak... C Tyler Vesel (1g-2a) had a career high three-point night on Wednesday... The Condors +52 goal differential is second in the AHL.
Ontario is 6-3-1 in its last 10 games... F Matt Moulson is t-7th in the AHL in scoring with 55 points... F Sheldon Rempal is t-8th in the AHL rookie scoring race with 40 points... Rookie F Brad Morrison is t-3rd in rookie shooting percentage at 21.4%... G Peter Budaj stopped 32 of 35 on Wednesday in Colorado.
3/15 - LW Joe Gambardella recalled by Edmonton
3/12 - G Dylan Wells reassigned to Bakersfield
3/12 - G Stuart Skinner reassigned to Wichita (ECHL)
3/9 - RW Jakob Stukel signed to PTO
Colorado (t-2nd) @ San Jose (t-2nd)
Tucson (5th) @ Stockton (6th)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 16, 2019
- Griffins Top Admirals with 3-2 Shootout Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Drop Saturday Clash with Tucson, 5-2 - Stockton Heat
- Chris Conner Wins It for Lehigh Valley as Time Expires in Wild Finish - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Division-Leading Wolves Thrash San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- McKenzie, Tynan Lead Wolves Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Rocket Score Five Powerplay Goals in 6-5 Shooutout Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Gropp and Huska Lead Wolf Pack Charge over Utica - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sens Nudge Past Laval in Shootout - Belleville Senators
- Bernier matches career high with Bridgeport's lone goal in Saturday loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Roll Past Devils, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Salvage Point in SO Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bears Blow Past Sound Tigers, 5-1 - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Earn Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to IceHogs - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Clawed by Wolf Pack - Utica Comets
- Penguins Earn 2-1 Overtime Win over Providence - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Lose to Crunch, 4-1 - Binghamton Devils
- P-Bruins Get a Point, But Fall in OT 2-1 to Penguins - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Suffer Second Straight Loss in Charlotte - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Pick up Season Sweep of Rochester - Charlotte Checkers
- IceHogs Sign Defenseman Dmitry Osipov to PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Edged by Red-Hot Eagles, 3-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Win Streak Reaches Nine with 3-2 Triumph over San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Recall Goaltender Colton Point - Texas Stars
- Flyers Recall Justin Bailey from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Marlies Road Swing Continues in Lehigh - Toronto Marlies
- Game #56 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Get Behind the Sens as the Team Pushes to Secure Its Spot in the Calder Cup Playoffs - Belleville Senators
- Stockton Looks to Bounce Back against Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Tomkins Reassigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- First Place Condors Host Star Wars Night Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, March 16 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Face Bears, T-Birds this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Roadrunners Snap Skid with 3-1 Win over Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Late Push Falls Short in OT - Manitoba Moose
- Iowa Rides Power Play to 6-3 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Heat Drop Defensive Battle to Tucson, 3-1 - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Condors Benson Named to the 2020 AHL All-Star Classic
- Condors Host Colorado with Bobbleheads, $2 Beer, and $1 Hot Dogs
- Bobbleheads, $2 Beer, $1 Hot Dogs, and Girls Rock this Weekend
- Condors Fall to Iowa; Home on Friday and Saturday
- Condors Home with $5 Margaritas and $2 Sodas Tuesday