Stockton Looks to Bounce Back against Tucson
Saturday, March 16, 2019
Arena: Stockton Arena
Date: Saturday, March 16, 2019
Time: 6:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch a stream of the game on AHLTV or at watch parties at Channel Brewing Co. or Port City Bar & Grill. Stockton's radio call of the game is available on Spreaker and iHeartRadio.
For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter @AHLHeat. Stay tuned for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game for a chance to win a puck signed by Marcus Hogstrom.
The Heat look to bounce back from a 3-1 Friday night setback at the hands of the Tucson Roadrunners, a defensive battle that saw Lane Pederson earn first star of the night with a goal and an assist.
The contest is the final meeting of the season between the Heat and Roadrunners, with Tucson owning a two-games-to-one advantage at Stockton Arena.
THE JUUS IS LOOSE
Juuso Valimaki scored the Heat's lone goal in Friday's game after jumping in on a rush, crashing the net and beating Adin Hill. The 20-year-old blue-liner has points in three-straight games with a goal and three assists.
The Heat penalty kill has been dominant on home ice over the last 11 games, holding the opponents scoreless on the man-advantage in 39 of the last 41 shorthanded situations over that span. In those 11 games, the Heat PK has outscored the opponent power play units by a combined 5-2.
Jon Gillies made his 10th-straight start for the Heat in Friday's game, turning away 30 of 32 shots faced in the game. Over that span, Gillies owns a 6-3-0-1 record and boasts a .922 SVP with 30 or more saves in six of Stockton's last seven games.
'THE DUBE' ABIDES
Rookie forward Dillon Dube earned AHL Player of the Week honors for last week's three-game effort which totaled seven points (4g,3a), two shorthanded goals and a plus-4 rating. The Flames prospect capped his impressive showing with a four-point (2g,2a) outburst against the San Jose Barracuda on Sunday.
BIG ON SHORTIES
The Heat lead the AHL in shorthanded goals on the year after a recent stretch with eight scores on the PK over the club's last nine games for a total of 16 on the season. Dillon Dube netted the last shortie for Stockton, his first of four points in Sunday's matinee at San Jose.
COMING AND GOING
A trio of recent transactions has Stockton's lineup looking different than it did entering last weekend's games as Alan Quine and Michael Stone were recalled by the Calgary Flames and Curtis Lazar returned from several weeks with the NHL club. Lazar, the Heat's AHL All-Star Classic representative, has 36 points (16g,20a) in 47 games with the Heat this year.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 16, 2019
- Griffins Top Admirals with 3-2 Shootout Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Drop Saturday Clash with Tucson, 5-2 - Stockton Heat
- Chris Conner Wins It for Lehigh Valley as Time Expires in Wild Finish - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Division-Leading Wolves Thrash San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- McKenzie, Tynan Lead Wolves Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Rocket Score Five Powerplay Goals in 6-5 Shooutout Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Gropp and Huska Lead Wolf Pack Charge over Utica - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sens Nudge Past Laval in Shootout - Belleville Senators
- Bernier matches career high with Bridgeport's lone goal in Saturday loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Roll Past Devils, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Salvage Point in SO Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bears Blow Past Sound Tigers, 5-1 - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Earn Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to IceHogs - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Clawed by Wolf Pack - Utica Comets
- Penguins Earn 2-1 Overtime Win over Providence - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Lose to Crunch, 4-1 - Binghamton Devils
- P-Bruins Get a Point, But Fall in OT 2-1 to Penguins - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Suffer Second Straight Loss in Charlotte - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Pick up Season Sweep of Rochester - Charlotte Checkers
- IceHogs Sign Defenseman Dmitry Osipov to PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Edged by Red-Hot Eagles, 3-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Win Streak Reaches Nine with 3-2 Triumph over San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Recall Goaltender Colton Point - Texas Stars
- Flyers Recall Justin Bailey from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Marlies Road Swing Continues in Lehigh - Toronto Marlies
- Game #56 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Get Behind the Sens as the Team Pushes to Secure Its Spot in the Calder Cup Playoffs - Belleville Senators
- Stockton Looks to Bounce Back against Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Tomkins Reassigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- First Place Condors Host Star Wars Night Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, March 16 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Face Bears, T-Birds this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Roadrunners Snap Skid with 3-1 Win over Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Late Push Falls Short in OT - Manitoba Moose
- Iowa Rides Power Play to 6-3 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Heat Drop Defensive Battle to Tucson, 3-1 - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.