Timber Rattlers' David Fry Named to Midwest League's Post-Season All-Star Team
GRAND CHUTE, WI - David Fry's great Midwest League season just got a little better. The Midwest League announced earlier today that Fry has been selected as the catcher for the league's post-season All-Star team. The team was picked on a vote of Midwest League managers.
Fry, the seventh round pick of the Milwaukee Brewers from the 2018 draft, has seventeen homers and 67 RBI this season. He has 41 doubles and leads all of Minor League baseball in that category.
He has played in 125 of Wisconsin's 128 games this season. Fry has caught 63 games for the Rattlers. He has thrown out 43.3% of would-be base stealers and committed just five errors this season.
The right-hand hitter out of Northwestern State had been named the Southland Conference Player of the Year in 2018 and was the starting catcher for the Western Division for the 2019 Midwest League All-Star Game in South Bend, Indiana. He adds this honor to his resume.
Fry is the first Timber Rattler to be named to the post-season All-Star team since 2016. Wisconsin placed two players on the team in 2016: Isan Diaz at shortstop and Nate Griep as the right-handed reliever.
Fry and his Wisconsin teammates host the Burlington Bees tonight at Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium at 7:05pm. The Rattlers head to Clinton, Iowa for a four-game series with the Clinton LumberKings on Saturday in a showdown series with playoff implications for both teams. Wisconsin returns home for the final three games of the regular season against the Kane County Cougars from August 28 through August 30. Tickets remain for all remaining home games.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 23, 2019
- "Big Tuna" Pranks Loons in 'Office Night' Shutout - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Rally Falls Short, Can't Sweep Bandits - Peoria Chiefs
- Stubbs Homers Twice as Bandits Win Wild One in Peoria - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Clinton Completes Sweep with 6-3 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Late Surge Leads Beloit to Victory over Kane County - Beloit Snappers
- Cougars Allow Four in 8th, Drop Series Finale - Kane County Cougars
- History Made with Record Crowd - Great Lakes Loons
- Fort Wayne Holds off Dragons Comeback for 7-4 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels Swept Despite Wallner's Big Night - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cardenas Sinks Captains in 3-2 Comeback Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Win Finale in Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Receive Brito from Vancouver, Neal to IL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Timber Rattlers' David Fry Named to Midwest League's Post-Season All-Star Team - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kernels Homestand Preview: August 24-30 Plus Playoff Game on 9/4 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 23 at Dayton (Game 128) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cantillo & Edwards Win More Midwest League Honors - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Franco, Sampen, Betts Named to Midwest League Post-Season All-Star Team - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Jake Hirabayashi joins Kernels from GCL Twins - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Benson, Arias Named MWL Post-Season All-Stars - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts' Conine and Finfrock Named to Midwest League Post-Season All-Star Team - Lansing Lugnuts
- Midwest League Post Season All-Star Roster Announced - MWL
- Midwest League announces 2019 Post-Season All-Stars - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hogan K's 10 in Hot Rods Fourth-Straight Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Whitecaps Whiff in Thursday Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Stories
- Promotions Announced for Front Offices of Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- River Bandits Beat Rattlers in Season Finale
- Early Lead Is Enough For Rattlers Win at Quad Cities
- Wisconsin Edges Quad Cities 4-3
- Wisconsinâ??s Home Season Ends with a Close Loss to Kane County