Lugnuts' Conine and Finfrock Named to Midwest League Post-Season All-Star Team
SOUTH BEND, Ind. - Lansing Lugnuts right fielder Griffin Conine and closer Cre Finfrock were named to the 2019 Midwest League Post-Season All-Star Team in a vote of the league's managers, MWL President Dick Nussbaum announced this afternoon.
Conine, 22, was honored among the three outfielders on the team, while Finfrock, 23, was selected as the Midwest League's top right-handed reliever.
Drafted in the 2nd round in 2018 from Duke University and rated the No. 16 prospect in the Jays system by MLB Pipeline, Conine leads the Midwest League with 20 home runs - achieved in just 70 games. Overall, the native of Weston, Fla., is slashing .278/.353/.567 with a team-leading 56 runs batted in.
The Midwest League leader with 15 saves (and without a blown save to his name), Finfrock arrived less heralded, drafted in the 29th round in 2018 from the University of Central Florida and establishing himself as the Lugnuts' closer not long after arriving on May 6th from Extended Spring. The native of Jensen Beach, Fla., has appeared in 31 games, striking out 46 batters compared to 16 walks in 36 1/3 innings, with a scant .214 batting average allowed.
The Lansing Lugnuts (30-29, 62-66) wrap up a three-game series at the South Bend Cubs (34-25, 71-56) tonight at 7:35 p.m. before returning tomorrow to Cooley Law School Stadium for a seven-game homestand beginning with Harry Potter Night on Saturday, August 24th, featuring post-game LAFCU Fireworks. For more information, visit lansinglugnuts.com or call (517) 485-4500.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 23, 2019
- "Big Tuna" Pranks Loons in 'Office Night' Shutout - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Rally Falls Short, Can't Sweep Bandits - Peoria Chiefs
- Stubbs Homers Twice as Bandits Win Wild One in Peoria - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Clinton Completes Sweep with 6-3 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Late Surge Leads Beloit to Victory over Kane County - Beloit Snappers
- Cougars Allow Four in 8th, Drop Series Finale - Kane County Cougars
- History Made with Record Crowd - Great Lakes Loons
- Fort Wayne Holds off Dragons Comeback for 7-4 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels Swept Despite Wallner's Big Night - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cardenas Sinks Captains in 3-2 Comeback Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Win Finale in Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Receive Brito from Vancouver, Neal to IL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Timber Rattlers' David Fry Named to Midwest League's Post-Season All-Star Team - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kernels Homestand Preview: August 24-30 Plus Playoff Game on 9/4 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 23 at Dayton (Game 128) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cantillo & Edwards Win More Midwest League Honors - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Franco, Sampen, Betts Named to Midwest League Post-Season All-Star Team - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Jake Hirabayashi joins Kernels from GCL Twins - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Benson, Arias Named MWL Post-Season All-Stars - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts' Conine and Finfrock Named to Midwest League Post-Season All-Star Team - Lansing Lugnuts
- Midwest League Post Season All-Star Roster Announced - MWL
- Midwest League announces 2019 Post-Season All-Stars - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hogan K's 10 in Hot Rods Fourth-Straight Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Whitecaps Whiff in Thursday Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.