Midwest League announces 2019 Post-Season All-Stars
Cedar Rapids, IA - Richard A. Nussbaum II, President of the Midwest League of Professional Baseball Clubs, has announced the 2019 Post Season All-Star Roster. The team was selected by the Field Managers of the sixteen Midwest League member clubs.
Gabe Snyder was selected to the Post Season All-Star Roster at first base. OF Alek Thomas of Kane County was named the MWL Most Valuable player, shortstop Wander Franco of Bowling Green was named the MWL Prospect of the Year, and Great Lakes manager John Shoemaker was named the MWL Manager of the Year.
Bowling Green had three players on the squad to lead the league. A full listing of the team is below:
First Base - Gabe Snyder (Cedar Rapids)
Second Base - Xavier Edwards (Fort Wayne)
Third Base - Miguel Vargas (Great Lakes)
Shortstop - Wander Franco (Bowling Green)
Outfield - Will Benson (Lake County)
Outfield - Griffin Conine (Lansing)
Outfield - Alek Thomas (Kane County)
Catcher - David Fry (Wisconsin)
Designated Hitter - Chris Betts (Bowling Green)
RH Pitcher - Caleb Sampen (Bowling Green)
LH Pitcher - Joey Cantillo (Fort Wayne)
RH Reliever - Cre Finfrock (Lansing)
LH Reliever - Skylar Arias (Lake County)
The Kernels continue a 10-game road trip tonight at 6:30 PM against the Clinton LumberKings. They return to Perfect Game Field at Veterans Memorial Stadium on Saturday, August 24th to host Peoria at 6:35 PM in a seven-game homestand that continues through Friday, August 30th.
Chris Kleinhans-Schulz and Morgan Hawk bring you all of the play-by-play on the radio home of Kernels baseball, 1450 KMRY AM and 93.1 KMRY FM. Fans may listen on-line at www.kmryradio.com, or www.kernels.com. Fans may also stream all 70 Kernels home game and selected road games via a MiLB.TV subscription. Visit MiLB.TV for subscription information.
Tickets may be purchased on-line at www.kernels.com, or by calling the Kernels Ticket Office at 896-7560. Ticket office hours are 10 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 23, 2019
- "Big Tuna" Pranks Loons in 'Office Night' Shutout - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Rally Falls Short, Can't Sweep Bandits - Peoria Chiefs
- Stubbs Homers Twice as Bandits Win Wild One in Peoria - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Clinton Completes Sweep with 6-3 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Late Surge Leads Beloit to Victory over Kane County - Beloit Snappers
- Cougars Allow Four in 8th, Drop Series Finale - Kane County Cougars
- History Made with Record Crowd - Great Lakes Loons
- Fort Wayne Holds off Dragons Comeback for 7-4 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels Swept Despite Wallner's Big Night - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cardenas Sinks Captains in 3-2 Comeback Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Win Finale in Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Receive Brito from Vancouver, Neal to IL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Timber Rattlers' David Fry Named to Midwest League's Post-Season All-Star Team - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kernels Homestand Preview: August 24-30 Plus Playoff Game on 9/4 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 23 at Dayton (Game 128) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cantillo & Edwards Win More Midwest League Honors - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Franco, Sampen, Betts Named to Midwest League Post-Season All-Star Team - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Jake Hirabayashi joins Kernels from GCL Twins - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Benson, Arias Named MWL Post-Season All-Stars - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts' Conine and Finfrock Named to Midwest League Post-Season All-Star Team - Lansing Lugnuts
- Midwest League Post Season All-Star Roster Announced - MWL
- Midwest League announces 2019 Post-Season All-Stars - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hogan K's 10 in Hot Rods Fourth-Straight Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Whitecaps Whiff in Thursday Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.