Dragons Notes for Friday
Friday, August 23, 2019 l Game # 60 (130)
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Fort Wayne TinCaps (24-35, 57-70) at Dayton Dragons (26-33, 54-75)
RH Adrian Martinez (5-4, 3.63) vs. RH Clate Schmidt (1-0, 2.39)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne TinCaps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in the last game of a three-game series. The Dragons need a win tonight to complete a sweep of the series.
Last Game: Thursday: Dayton 7, Fort Wayne 2. The Dragons broke open a 3-2 game with four runs in the bottom of the eighth inning. The 12-hit Dragons attack was led by Miguel Hernandez (3 for 4, 2B, 2 RBI), and Matt Lloyd (3 for 3, 2B, RBI, BB). Four Dayton pitchers combined to allow just six hits as reliever Tyler Gibson picked up his first Midwest League win (2.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 SO).
The Dragons are batting .328 as a team over their last six games (64 for 195). They enjoyed a streak of 17 consecutive innings with at least one hit that began with the eighth inning on Monday night and ended in the seventh inning on Wednesday.
Dragons pitchers have posted a 1.91 ERA over the last nine games (since the start of the last road trip), allowing 17 earned runs in 80 innings. They have gone 5-4 in those nine games.
Miguel Hernandez has gone 8 for 9 with five doubles in his last three games. This included a streak of seven straight hits, which was three short of the league record. Hernandez over his last eight games is 14 for 26 (.539) with six doubles and triple. He is batting .371 in August (20 G) to rank second in the Midwest League (behind Fort Wayne's Michael Curry) and second in the Reds organization (behind Daytona's Jose Garcia).
Morgan Lofstrom over his last 11 games is batting .378 with one home run and nine runs batted in. He is batting .366 in August (13 G).
Juan Martinez has a seven-game hitting streak, going 9 for 28 (.321) with two home runs.
Jay Schuyler over his last 28 games is batting .309.
Michael Siani over his last six games is 9 for 24 (.375) with a home run.
Connor Curlis in the month of August has posted an ERA of 1.16 in four starts (23.1 IP, 3 ER).
Adrian Rodriguez in the month of August has posted an ERA of 0.98 in four games (three starts) (18.1 IP, 2 ER).
Clate Schmidt in the month of August has posted an ERA of 1.80 in six games (one start) (15 IP, 3 ER).
Matt Pidich over his last 28 games: 1.49 ERA, 48.1 IP, 30 H, 16 R, 8 ER, 14 BB, 54 SO.
Eddy Demurias over his last four games: 0.00 ERA, 9 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Saturday, August 24 (7:00 p.m.): Dayton RH Adrian Rodriguez (5-3, 3.34) at Lake County RH Ethan Hankins (0-2, 4.97)
Sunday, August 25 (1:30 p.m.): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (3-9, 4.30) at Lake County LH Eli Lingos (3-3, 3.86)
Monday, August 26 (7:00 p.m.): Dayton LH Connor Curlis (4-5, 2.44) at Lake County RH Alex Royalty (5-8, 4.47)
Tuesday, August 27 (12:00 noon): Dayton RH Eduardo Salazar (6-3, 4.05) at Lake County RH Shane McCarthy (4-3, 4.11)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 23, 2019
- "Big Tuna" Pranks Loons in 'Office Night' Shutout - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Rally Falls Short, Can't Sweep Bandits - Peoria Chiefs
- Stubbs Homers Twice as Bandits Win Wild One in Peoria - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Clinton Completes Sweep with 6-3 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Late Surge Leads Beloit to Victory over Kane County - Beloit Snappers
- Cougars Allow Four in 8th, Drop Series Finale - Kane County Cougars
- History Made with Record Crowd - Great Lakes Loons
- Fort Wayne Holds off Dragons Comeback for 7-4 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels Swept Despite Wallner's Big Night - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cardenas Sinks Captains in 3-2 Comeback Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Win Finale in Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Receive Brito from Vancouver, Neal to IL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Timber Rattlers' David Fry Named to Midwest League's Post-Season All-Star Team - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kernels Homestand Preview: August 24-30 Plus Playoff Game on 9/4 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 23 at Dayton (Game 128) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cantillo & Edwards Win More Midwest League Honors - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Franco, Sampen, Betts Named to Midwest League Post-Season All-Star Team - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Jake Hirabayashi joins Kernels from GCL Twins - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Benson, Arias Named MWL Post-Season All-Stars - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts' Conine and Finfrock Named to Midwest League Post-Season All-Star Team - Lansing Lugnuts
- Midwest League Post Season All-Star Roster Announced - MWL
- Midwest League announces 2019 Post-Season All-Stars - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hogan K's 10 in Hot Rods Fourth-Straight Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Whitecaps Whiff in Thursday Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons Special 50/50 Raffle to Benefit COVID-19 Response Fund & African-American Community Fund
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled
- Dayton Dragons Issue Statement Regarding Governor's Order
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 3: Second Basemen
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 2: First Basemen