Thunder Adds Former Michigan State Netminder Minney
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors, and powered by Toyota, announced today that the team has signed goaltender Ed Minney.
Minney, 22, began the season with the Southern Professional Hockey League's Evansville Thunderbolts. A native of Wind Gap, Pennsylvania, the 6-foot-5, 208-pound netminder has played in eight games this season, going 2-5-1 with a 3.00 goals-against average and .906 save percentage.
Prior to turning pro, Minney played three years at Michigan State University. He is a former teammate of former Thunder forward Matt DeBlouw. He signed with Michigan State after playing for the U.S. National Development Team and U-18 Team. Minney helped the U-18 team to a World Junior Championship gold medal in 2013-14.
The Thunder is out of town for the next three starting Friday in Fort Wayne against the Komets.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 13, 2018
- Cyclones Push Winning Streak to Five - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Shut out Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 'Blades Shut out Swamp Rabbits to Run Point Streak to 12 Games - Florida Everblades
- G Komm Recalled to Lehigh Valley; Royals Sign D Armstrong - Reading Royals
- Forward Justin Parizek Placed on Suspension - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - December 13 - ECHL
- Brent Pedersen Receives PTO from Manitoba Moose - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Norfolk - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Re-Sign Baptista - Fort Wayne Komets
- Allen Americans to Donate January 11 Game Proceeds to Support Local Toddler Battling Leukemia - Allen Americans
- Thunder Adds Former Michigan State Netminder Minney - Wichita Thunder
- Goaltender Angus Redmond Reassigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jacksonville's Homecoming Spoiled by Orlando - Jacksonville IceMen
- Worcester Railers HC to Host Non-Profit Awareness Night on December 22 - Worcester Railers HC
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on Utah's 3-1 loss to Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Fall to Nailers 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Kalk Scores Twice for Solar Bears in 4-2 Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Saddle Mavericks with 5-1 Win to Open Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Drop First of Three at Idaho - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.