Mavs Drop First of Three at Idaho
BOISE, Idaho - The Kansas City Mavericks (14-6-1-1) dropped a 5-1 decision Wednesday night in Boise to the Idaho Steelheads (13-9-1-2).
The first period was all even late into the frame until a late goal from Robbie Payne with just 8.3 seconds left in the frame.
Joey Sides tied the game in the second, but it was all Steelheads from there as the home team ran off four-straight scores, two from Reid Petryk en route to the 5-1 final - the home team scoring two in the second and then two in the third en route to the decisive win.
The Steelheads outshot the Mavericks 33-30 in the contest and improved to 7-1-1-1 when scoring the first goal this season. The contest is the first of three this week between the clubs in Boise.
The Mavericks and Steelheads continue their three-game set when they face off Friday night in Boise.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 13, 2018
- Cyclones Push Winning Streak to Five - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Shut out Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 'Blades Shut out Swamp Rabbits to Run Point Streak to 12 Games - Florida Everblades
- G Komm Recalled to Lehigh Valley; Royals Sign D Armstrong - Reading Royals
- Forward Justin Parizek Placed on Suspension - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - December 13 - ECHL
- Brent Pedersen Receives PTO from Manitoba Moose - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Norfolk - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Re-Sign Baptista - Fort Wayne Komets
- Allen Americans to Donate January 11 Game Proceeds to Support Local Toddler Battling Leukemia - Allen Americans
- Thunder Adds Former Michigan State Netminder Minney - Wichita Thunder
- Goaltender Angus Redmond Reassigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jacksonville's Homecoming Spoiled by Orlando - Jacksonville IceMen
- Worcester Railers HC to Host Non-Profit Awareness Night on December 22 - Worcester Railers HC
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on Utah's 3-1 loss to Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Fall to Nailers 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Kalk Scores Twice for Solar Bears in 4-2 Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Saddle Mavericks with 5-1 Win to Open Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Drop First of Three at Idaho - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavs Take 2-1 Series Lead with Third Period Heroics
- Mavs Monday: the Playoffs Come Home
- Mavs Drop Game Two in OT at Tulsa, Series Shifts to Independence
- Mavericks Stun Oilers in Game One with 6-4 Road Win
- Playoff Primer: Mavs and Oilers Kick off First Round of the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs Presented by Smile Direct Club