Cyclones Push Winning Streak to Five
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones (17-5-2-1) edged out the Norfolk Admirals 2-1, on Thursday night. Defenseman Arvin Atwal and forward Jesse Schultz netted the goals for Cincinnati, who have now won five games in a row.
After the Admirals took a 1-0 lead after the first on a goal from forward Manny Gialedakis, the Cyclones evened the game up midway through the second, when Atwal launched a shot from the right point that trickled in through traffic to pull Cincinnati even, 1-1.
The 1-1 stalemate held up throughout the remainder of the second period, despite numerous offensive chances from both teams, and in the third Cincinnati continued to pressure offensively and at the 13:43 mark took the lead, 2-1, when Schultz picked off a pass in the offensive zone and snapped a shot in for his fifth goal in the last five games.
Both teams continued to battle throughout the remaining six minutes, however neither side was able to light the lamp and the Cyclones held on for the 2-1 win. Cincinnati outshot Norfolk, 38-20, with goaltender Michael Houser steering aside 19 in the win. The Cyclones wrap up their three-game homestand on Saturday night against the Wichita Thunder. Face-off is set for 7:35pm ET.
The 2018-19 season is HERE, a nd the Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride!Single game, Group, and Season Tickets are on sale NOW by calling (513) 421-PUCK! Stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 13, 2018
- Cyclones Push Winning Streak to Five - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Shut out Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 'Blades Shut out Swamp Rabbits to Run Point Streak to 12 Games - Florida Everblades
- G Komm Recalled to Lehigh Valley; Royals Sign D Armstrong - Reading Royals
- Forward Justin Parizek Placed on Suspension - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - December 13 - ECHL
- Brent Pedersen Receives PTO from Manitoba Moose - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Norfolk - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Re-Sign Baptista - Fort Wayne Komets
- Allen Americans to Donate January 11 Game Proceeds to Support Local Toddler Battling Leukemia - Allen Americans
- Thunder Adds Former Michigan State Netminder Minney - Wichita Thunder
- Goaltender Angus Redmond Reassigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jacksonville's Homecoming Spoiled by Orlando - Jacksonville IceMen
- Worcester Railers HC to Host Non-Profit Awareness Night on December 22 - Worcester Railers HC
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on Utah's 3-1 loss to Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Fall to Nailers 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Kalk Scores Twice for Solar Bears in 4-2 Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Saddle Mavericks with 5-1 Win to Open Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Drop First of Three at Idaho - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.