Thompson Steals the Show in Henderson's 3-2 Win over Colorado
LOVELAND, CO. - Henderson goaltender Logan Thompson made 44 saves on 46 shots, while forward Mason Primeau scored a pair of goals, including the game-winner, as the Silver Knights defeated the Colorado Eagles 4-2 on Friday. Colorado outshot Henderson 46-23 in the contest, as defenseman Jordan Gross and forward Mikhail Maltsev each found the back of the net in the loss. Eagles goalie Justus Annunen suffered the defeat in net, allowing three goals on 23 shots.
Despite being outshot 10-3 in the early stages of the contest Henderson would collect the game's first goal when Primeau fed home a rebound on the side of the crease to give the Silver Knights a 1-0 edge at the 11:09 mark of the first period.
The lead would grow less than two minutes later when forward Colt Conrad snagged a pass in the low slot and fed the puck past Annunen to put Henderson on top 2-0 with 6:57 left to play in the first frame.
Needing an answer, Colorado would get one when Gross fired a shot from the point off the end boards, sending the puck spinning to the side of the net. Thompson would flash out to attempt to make a save, but errantly kicked the puck into the back of his own net. The tally was Gross' fourth of the season and trimmed the deficit to 2-1 at the 14:48 mark of the opening 20 minutes of play.
Still trailing 2-1 to begin the second period, the Eagles would take advantage of an early power play to tie things up when Maltsev swept home a rebound between the circles to square the score at 2-2 just 40 seconds into the middle frame.
The momentum would swing right back when Primeau snagged a rebound at the bottom of the right-wing circle and fired the puck into the back of the net to give Henderson a 3-2 advantage at the 3:13 mark of the second stanza.
Colorado would go on to outshoot the Silver Knights, 20-9 in the period but would head to the second intermission still trailing, 3-2.
The Eagles would make a desperate attempt to tie the game in the third period, even pulling Annunen in the final minute to bring out the extra attacker, but it would not materialize, and Henderson would hold on for the 3-2 win.
Colorado went 1-for-5 on the power play, while the Silver Knights were held 0-for-1 on the man-advantage.
The Eagles will return to action when they take on the Henderson Silver Knights on Saturday, November 20th at 7:05pm MT at the Budweiser Events Center. Tickets for all regular season games are on sale now and start at just $19. You can find more information on ticket packages, theme tickets, and promotional nights, by visiting ColoradoEagles.com or by calling the ticket department at (970) 686-7468.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 19, 2021
- Reichel and Connolly Stay Hot as IceHogs Roll Past Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Silver Knights Defeat Eagles, 3-2 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Amerks Top Phantoms in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Thompson Steals the Show in Henderson's 3-2 Win over Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Fall 5-4 in Overtime to Grand Rapids - Texas Stars
- Wolves Ride Roller-Coaster in Rockford - Chicago Wolves
- Wild Game in Springfield Ends as 5-4 Shootout Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Soar over Crunch in 5-1 Win on Top Gun Tribute Night - Cleveland Monsters
- Frost with Three Points in See-Saw Battle - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Providence Bruins Back in Win Column with 2-1 Overtime Win over Hartford Wolf Pack - Providence Bruins
- T-Birds Storm Back from 3 Down to Top Penguins in Shootout - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Comets Make AHL History with Victory over Checkers - Utica Comets
- Second-Period Surge Sinks Checkers against Record-Setting Comets - Charlotte Checkers
- Wolf Pack Fall to Bruins 2-1 in Overtime - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Second-Period Surge Sinks Checkers in Utica - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Defeated by Monsters, 5-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Groulx to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Kevin Stenlund to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Embracing the Climb - Stockton Heat
- Series Preview vs. Colorado: November 19 & 20 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Alex Barre-Boulet to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Sean Durzi Recalled by LA Kings - Ontario Reign
- Patera reassigned from Fort Wayne, two added on PTOs - Henderson Silver Knights
- Wolf Pack Look to Extend Winning Streak with Second Trip to Providence - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game #11: Tucson at Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Monsters Recall Forward Jake Gaudet from ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings - Cleveland Monsters
- Pens Preview: November 19 at Springfield - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceHogs and Wolves Collide on Collin Delia Designer Hat Night and $2 Bud Light Friday at the BMO - Rockford IceHogs
- Moose Dispatch Milwaukee 6-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.