Texas Stars Foundation and Players Team up to Help Japan
Cedar Park, TX - The Texas Stars Foundation and the Texas Stars hockey club announced on Monday that the team will raise funds for Japan at Saturday's home game against the Oklahoma City Barons on April 9th at 7:00 PM.
Texas Stars right wing Raymond Sawada will lead the players in their charitable charge. Sawada's father Jack Sawada was born in Japan. The second-year Texas forward still has family members that reside in Kyoto, Japan. Sawada is one of the only professional hockey players in North America that is of Japanese descent.
"This is a world-wide disaster and they need help", said Sawada. "This is something that will affect them for years to come. All the players in the locker room understand that and we want to help in any way possible."
The Texas Stars Foundation will have a table on the concourse to take donations and run a silent auction of hockey memorabilia. The staff at Cedar Park Center will also "pass the hat" to take collections for the thousands affected by the tragic events. The money raised will be sent to UNICEF, with 100% of the proceeds going directly to the children of Japan.
Texas travels for a two-game road trip, facing the Peoria Rivermen on April 6 at 7:05 PM. On Wednesday, the Texas Stars are hosting a watch party at Pluckers Lakeline Mall location, beginning at 6:00 PM. The Stars end the road trip against the Milwaukee Admirals on Friday, April 8 at 7:00 PM. Texas returns home to play its final regular season home game on Saturday, April 9 at 7:00 PM against the Oklahoma City Barons. Saturday night is Fan Appreciation Night as well as State Farm Family Four Pack night. Fans may purchase four tickets, four hot dogs and four regular sodas for $44. The Stars travel to San Antonio for their final regular season game against the Rampage on Sunday, April 10 at 4:30 PM.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Tickets are available online at www.TexasStarsHockey.com or by calling 512.GO.STARS (467.8277). 2011-12 season seat packages are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com . Anyone interested in purchasing season tickets, suites, group tickets or mini-plans may call the Texas Stars front office.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 4, 2011
- Bulldogs Shut Out By Heat - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Irving Stops Dogs 1-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Phantoms Win Big Again - Adirondack Phantoms
- Names From The Past Power Phantoms To 6-0 Win Over Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Norfolk Power Play Too Much For Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Jones Becomes AHL Admirals Career Scoring Leader as Admirals Top Checkers 5-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Knighthawks and Amerks Players to Roll the Dice for Charity - Rochester Americans
- 3 Games Left, 2 Points out - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Cling to Playoff Hopes Entering Seasons Final Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Sign Brandon Gormley and Philip Lane - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Return Chris McKelvie to Greenville - Connecticut Whale
- Locked And Loading Up - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Assign Left Wing Eric Lampe to Elmira - Syracuse Crunch
- Calder Cup Playoff Tickets on Sale Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Griffins Sign Mrazek to ATO, Welcome Back Coetzee and Piche - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Brad Thiessen Wins American Hockey League's Outstanding Goaltender - AHL
- Bulldogs Look To Clinch Playoff Spot - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Look to Clinch Playoff Berth on the Road - Norfolk Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flyers Recall Holmstrom - Adirondack Phantoms
- Canucks Re-Assign Oreskovich to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Texas Stars Foundation and Players Team up to Help Japan - Texas Stars
- Hamiltons Calder Cup Hero Ajay Baines Joins Broadcast Team - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Goaltender Jeff Deslauriers Named Reebok / AHL Goaltender of the Week - Oklahoma City Barons
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Dunkin Donuts - April 5 - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Oklahoma City's Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Ice Hogs Grab Pair of Road Wins in Week 26 - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Weekly - Manchester Monarchs
- Atlanta Calls for Zubarev - Chicago Wolves
- Rangers Recall Kris Newbury - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Strike Up Fun at Bandera Bowl - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Release Left Wing Everett Sheen - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Announce Details of Fourth Annual Equipment Sale - Rochester Americans
- Wiseman Earns reGen/AHL Performance of the Month for March - AHL
- Bears Close Out Regular Season This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.