Friday, April 1: Binghamton 4, Syracuse 6
Shots: Binghamton 42, Syracuse 28
PP: Binghamton 2 for 5, Syracuse 1 for 4
The Syracuse Crunch scored five unanswered goals in the second period of Friday's match at the War Memorial at OnCenter en route to an eventual 6-4 victory over the B-Sens, their first against Binghamton since a 2-1 victory back on Oct. 16. Binghamton stormed back, outshooting Syracuse 22 to 7 in the third period, but still fell short. R.J. Anderson, Derek Grant, Colin Greening and Jim O'Brien each tallied goals for the B-Sens, while Ryan Potulny earned a pair of assists. Patrick Maroon notched a goal and an assist for the Crunch. Syracuse's Sean Zimmerman earned credit for a pair of helpers, while Nick Bonino wracked up three assists. Robin Lehner started in goal for Binghamton, but was pulled in favor of Barry Brust after allowing five goals on 16 shots through two periods.
Saturday, April 2: Bridgeport 4, Binghamton 3
Shots: Bridgeport 26, Binghamton 31
PP: Bridgeport 1 for 3, Binghamton 1 for 7
Tyler McNeely sealed a 4-3 victory for the Sound Tigers Saturday night in Binghamton. His second goal of the game came with just 1:23 remaining in regulation to deal the B-Sens a heart breaking loss. Rhett Rakhshani, the current leader in points among American Hockey League rookies, also put forth a solid effort for Bridgeport scoring a goal and adding a pair of assists. Patrick Coulombe, Ryan Keller and Roman Wick each scored goals for the B-Sens. Barry Brust earned the nod in goal stopping 22 of 26 shots faced.
Sunday, April 3: Binghamton 2, Albany 3 - Shootout
Shots: Binghamton 25, Albany 37
PP: Binghamton 0 for 3, Albany 0 for 6
Just over two minutes into the third period the B-Sens found themselves with a 2-0 lead over the Albany Devils in a Sunday afternoon tilt at the Times Union Center. Patrick Coulombe scored his second goal in as many games and Cody Bass notched his sixth of the season to put the B-Sens ahead of their East Division rival. The Devils managed to rebound as Darcy Zajac and Matt Anderson beat Barry Brust to tie the game and force overtime. The game progressed to a shootout where Albany netminder David Caruso stoned all four Binghamton players faced, while Chad Wiseman and Ryan Ginand each net goals to earn the Devils the extra point. With the loss, the B-Sens fell to 1-5 overall in shootouts this season.
Standings: The B-Sens are tied with the Norfolk Admirals for fourth place in the East Division (88 points).
Wednesday, April 6 vs. Norfolk Admirals (Tampa Bay Lightning)
The Norfolk Admirals make their final trip of the regular season to the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena this Wednesday night to wrap up an eight game series with the Binghamton Senators. The B-Sens are 2-3-1-1 against the Admirals so far this season. The Senators enter the week tied with Norfolk (37-24-8-6) for fourth place in the East Division with 88 points; however the Admirals have an opportunity to pull ahead as they visit the Charlotte Checkers (42-26-2-7, 93 points) tonight. Marc-Antoine Pouliot leads all Admirals in scoring with 66 points (23 goals, 43 assists) in 64 games played. Dustin Tokarski is tops among Norfolk netminders posting a record of 21-19-4 with 2.60 goals-against average and a .903 save percentage in 45 games played. The B-Sens are 1-4-0-1 against Tokarski this season.
Promotions: Wednesday night is Zoo Night with the B-Sens! The Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park and the Zoomobile will be on hand with various interactive displays set up throughout the concourse. Fans will also have the opportunity to meet some of the animals that call the zoo home!
Friday, April 8 @ Rochester Americans (Florida Panthers)
The B-Sens make the trek north to the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester for the fourth and final time this season on Friday night. The B-Sens are 4-1-0-2 against the Amerks this season, earning 10 out of a possible 14 points against the North Division rival so far. Rochester is seventh overall in the North Division, entering the week with a 31-36-5-4 record and 71 points. Mike Kostka leads all Amerks in points with 52 (15 goals, 37 assists) in 76 games played.
Saturday, April 9 vs. Adirondack Phantoms (Philadelphia Flyers)
The B-Sens wrap up the regular season Saturday as they welcome the Adirondack Phantoms, and former B-Sens' captain Denis Hamel, to the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena. Binghamton is 4-3-0-0 against the Phantoms so far this season. The B-Sens have won all three games in which they have hosted the Phantoms this season, outscoring Adirondack 19 to 4. Although the Phantoms (28-37-4-6) rest in seventh place in the East Division with 66 points, they have gone 6-4-0-0 in their last ten games. Michael Leighton has been strong in goal for the Phantoms, posting a 13-12-3 record with 2.30 goals-against average and a .924 save percentage.
Promotions: Saturday night is Fan Appreciation Night! For the first time ever the B-Sens will thank their fans with a special "Jerseys off our Back" giveaway. The B-Sens will also present the 2010-11 team awards in a special pre-game ceremony.
Derek Grant scored his first professional goal in Friday's 6-4 loss to the Crunch at Syracuse. The 20 year-old forward has six points (one goal, five assists) in 12 games played with the B-Sens this season.
Francois BrisBois made his professional debut in Sunday's 3-2 shootout loss to the Devils at Albany. The Montreal, Que. native recently completed his fourth season at Colgate University where he served as the team's assistant captain. In four years with the Raiders, he scored 30 goals, 46 assists and recorded 94 penalty minutes in 145 games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 4, 2011
- Bulldogs Shut Out By Heat - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Irving Stops Dogs 1-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Phantoms Win Big Again - Adirondack Phantoms
- Names From The Past Power Phantoms To 6-0 Win Over Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Norfolk Power Play Too Much For Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Jones Becomes AHL Admirals Career Scoring Leader as Admirals Top Checkers 5-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Knighthawks and Amerks Players to Roll the Dice for Charity - Rochester Americans
- 3 Games Left, 2 Points out - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Cling to Playoff Hopes Entering Seasons Final Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Sign Brandon Gormley and Philip Lane - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Return Chris McKelvie to Greenville - Connecticut Whale
- Locked And Loading Up - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Assign Left Wing Eric Lampe to Elmira - Syracuse Crunch
- Calder Cup Playoff Tickets on Sale Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Griffins Sign Mrazek to ATO, Welcome Back Coetzee and Piche - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Brad Thiessen Wins American Hockey League's Outstanding Goaltender - AHL
- Bulldogs Look To Clinch Playoff Spot - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Look to Clinch Playoff Berth on the Road - Norfolk Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flyers Recall Holmstrom - Adirondack Phantoms
- Canucks Re-Assign Oreskovich to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Texas Stars Foundation and Players Team up to Help Japan - Texas Stars
- Hamiltons Calder Cup Hero Ajay Baines Joins Broadcast Team - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Goaltender Jeff Deslauriers Named Reebok / AHL Goaltender of the Week - Oklahoma City Barons
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Dunkin Donuts - April 5 - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Oklahoma City's Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Ice Hogs Grab Pair of Road Wins in Week 26 - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Weekly - Manchester Monarchs
- Atlanta Calls for Zubarev - Chicago Wolves
- Rangers Recall Kris Newbury - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Strike Up Fun at Bandera Bowl - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Release Left Wing Everett Sheen - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Announce Details of Fourth Annual Equipment Sale - Rochester Americans
- Wiseman Earns reGen/AHL Performance of the Month for March - AHL
- Bears Close Out Regular Season This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.