Flyers Recall Holmstrom
The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have recalled 6-1, 180-lb center Ben Holmstrom from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms, according to General Manager Paul Holmgren. Holmstrom will wear #34.
Holmstrom, who turns 24 on Saturday, made his NHL debut on March 3 against the Toronto Maple Leafs. He recorded a game-high five hits and was 3-for-10 on faceoffs in 8:06 of ice time.
Holmstrom has scored 16 goals and added 21 assists for 37 points while appearing in all 75 games this season for the Phantoms. He is the only player on Adirondack's roster that has appeared in every game. That streak will come to an end tonight when Adirondack takes on the Rochester Americans without Holmstrom in the lineup.
A native of Colorado Springs, CO, Holmstrom signed with the Flyers as a free agent on March 17, 2010 as he wrapped up his senior season at U-Mass Lowell. In four years there, Holmstrom posted 26 goals and 58 assists for 84 points in 144 games, along with 201 penalty minutes.
He joins Danny Syvret as recent callups from Adirondack to the Philadelphia roster. Syvret played his first Flyers game of the year on Sunday against the Rangers. But he had played six games earlier this year for the Anaheim Ducks prior to being traded back to the Flyers organization. Syvret played 21 games with Philadelphia last year.
Other Phantoms to have played for the Flyers this year include Erik Gustafsson and Eric Wellwood as well as Michael Leighton and Matt Walker.
The Philadelphia Flyers play at Ottawa on Tuesday. The Adirondack Phantoms are at home this Monday and Wednesday against Rochester and Albany in their last home games of the season.
Monday, April 4, 7:00 p.m. - Rochester Americans at Adirondack Phantoms
Wednesday, April 6, 7:00 p.m. - Albany Devils at Adirondack Phantoms - Fan Appreciation Night - Last home game of the year featuring many great giveaways including autographed Phantoms memorabilia.
Phantoms Season Tickets for 2011-12 are on sale now! Full season ticket holders get an Adirondack Phantoms stadium blanket while supplies last and also will be in the Phantoms mug club for $1 sodas and coffees in Heritage Hall all season long.
Join us at the Glens Falls Civic Center for exciting Adirondack Phantoms hockey, the top affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers. Discount rates are available for groups of 15 or more. Save off the individual ticket price by asking the Phantoms about their great group rate packages and flex-packs.
Come watch future NHL stars and up-and-coming Flyers prospects. Get your tickets at the Phantoms office inside the Glens Falls Civic Center, online at ticketmaster.com, or by calling the Phantoms at 518-480-3355.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 4, 2011
- Bulldogs Shut Out By Heat - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Irving Stops Dogs 1-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Phantoms Win Big Again - Adirondack Phantoms
- Names From The Past Power Phantoms To 6-0 Win Over Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Norfolk Power Play Too Much For Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Jones Becomes AHL Admirals Career Scoring Leader as Admirals Top Checkers 5-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Knighthawks and Amerks Players to Roll the Dice for Charity - Rochester Americans
- 3 Games Left, 2 Points out - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Cling to Playoff Hopes Entering Seasons Final Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Sign Brandon Gormley and Philip Lane - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Return Chris McKelvie to Greenville - Connecticut Whale
- Locked And Loading Up - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Assign Left Wing Eric Lampe to Elmira - Syracuse Crunch
- Calder Cup Playoff Tickets on Sale Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Griffins Sign Mrazek to ATO, Welcome Back Coetzee and Piche - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Brad Thiessen Wins American Hockey League's Outstanding Goaltender - AHL
- Bulldogs Look To Clinch Playoff Spot - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Look to Clinch Playoff Berth on the Road - Norfolk Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flyers Recall Holmstrom - Adirondack Phantoms
- Canucks Re-Assign Oreskovich to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Texas Stars Foundation and Players Team up to Help Japan - Texas Stars
- Hamiltons Calder Cup Hero Ajay Baines Joins Broadcast Team - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Goaltender Jeff Deslauriers Named Reebok / AHL Goaltender of the Week - Oklahoma City Barons
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Dunkin Donuts - April 5 - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Oklahoma City's Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Ice Hogs Grab Pair of Road Wins in Week 26 - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Weekly - Manchester Monarchs
- Atlanta Calls for Zubarev - Chicago Wolves
- Rangers Recall Kris Newbury - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Strike Up Fun at Bandera Bowl - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Release Left Wing Everett Sheen - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Announce Details of Fourth Annual Equipment Sale - Rochester Americans
- Wiseman Earns reGen/AHL Performance of the Month for March - AHL
- Bears Close Out Regular Season This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.