Ice Hogs Grab Pair of Road Wins in Week 26
Week 26 Recap: The Rockford IceHogs continued their two week road trip in Week 26 winning 3-2 in Lake Erie and Texas, 5-1. The IceHogs had a minor setback on Friday night as they lost to Oklahoma City. Rockford will finish the 2010-11 season in week 27 with two at home and two on the road.
Week 26 Results
Wednesday, Mar. 30: Rockford 3 at Lake Erie 2
Friday, April 1: Rockford 0 at Oklahoma City 7
Sunday, April 3: Rockford 5 at Texas 1
Week 27 Schedule
Tuesday, Apr. 5 at San Antonio, 7 p.m.
Friday, Apr. 8 vs. Lake Erie, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Apr. 9 vs. Grand Rapids, 7:05 p.m.
Sunday, Apr. 10 at Chicago, 3 p.m.
Jeff Taffe became the fourth different skater to eclipse 60 points during Rockford's AHL era, joining Martin St. Pierre (88pts-2007-08), Petri Kontiola (68pts-2007-08) and Tim Brent (62pts-2008-09)
Taffe recorded his team-leading fourth three-point game on Sunday, recording a goal and two assists
Rockford has won seven of their last nine games dating back to March 19 and are 13-5-1-1 since Feb. 25
The IceHogs have suffered eight defeats by four or more goals this season, but are 5-1-1-1 in the games following those losses
Defenseman Brian Connelly became the first IceHogs blue-liner during the team's AHL era to record 10 goals in a single season and is tied for second most among all AHL d-men
Connelly's game-winning goal on Sunday in Texas was his team leading fourth on the season
All four of Connelly's game-winning markers have come over Rockford's last 12 games dating back to March 11
Rockford recorded a single-game AHL franchise low plus/minus rating on Friday of -35 in their 7-0 loss at Oklahoma City
The IceHogs followed that up with a team plus/minus of +20 in their 5-1 win at Texas
Rookie winger Kyle Hagel tied an IceHogs franchise record with 30 major penalties in a single season
The IceHogs ended Lake Erie's eight-game home winning streak with a 3-2 victory on Wednesday at the Quicken Loans Arena
Hot Hog: Week 26
Jeff Taffe Right Wing
Winger Jeff Taffe recorded four points (2g-2a) in three games for Rockford in Week 26 and leads the Hogs in goals (27) and points (60). The veteran forward notched a game-tying power-play goal on Wednesday night in Rockford's 3-2 win over Lake Erie, helping end the Monsters' eight-game win streak. The marker also extended Taffe's scoring streak to five-straight games dating back to March 23. After being held scoreless on Friday night against Oklahoma City, Taffe bounced back with his team-leading fourth three-point night on Sunday against Texas. The Hastings, Minn. native tallied his 27th goal of the season and added two helpers in the IceHogs 5-1 win over the Stars.
Tuesday, April 5 at San Antonio Rampage: Face-off is set for 7 p.m. The IceHogs close-out their five-game road trip with a tilt at the AT&T Center against the San Antonio Rampage. The game is the sixth and final meeting between the two clubs on the campaign. The IceHogs are 2-3-0-0 against the Rampage in 2010-11.
Friday, April 8 vs. Lake Erie Monsters: Game starts at 7:05 p.m. Rockford returns home and welcomes the Lake Erie Monsters to the MetroCentre for the final time in 2010-11. The IceHogs will be celebrating Hammy's birthday with several area mascots as the team opens the final weekend of the 2010-11 season.
Saturday, April 9 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins: The puck drops at 7:05 p.m. In the final home game of the season, the IceHogs battle the Grand Rapids Griffins at the MetroCentre. The contest is the sixth and final meeting between the two clubs. Rockford shows a record of 3-2-0-0 against Grand Rapids in '10-11.
Sunday, April 10 at Chicago Wolves: Game starts at 3 p.m. The IceHogs end the 2010-11 regular season with a bout against the West Division rival Chicago Wolves at the Allstate Arena. The Hogs are 4-5-0-0 against Chicago on the campaign, including 2-2-0-0 at the Allstate Arena.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Rockford IceHogs fans can catch all of the IceHogs regular-and post-season games on the Hogs' flagship radio station, Rockford's Voice, WNTA-AM 1330 and 30 regular season games on ESPN Radio 1380-AM, WTJK. Fans can also watch and listen to the Hogs on the World Wide Web with AHL Live! Visit the IceHogs Web site (icehogs.com) and click on the "click here to watch the AHL Live" icon, and for just $7 you can catch all of the IceHogs action on your computer. Also, fans with Comcast Cable television in Rockford can tune in to Channel 57 for all the IceHogs hockey action at the MetroCentre this season. All Saturday home game will also be televised on My Network TV digital subchannel 17.2 along with Comcast and Charter Cable channel 16. The broadcast begins with the U.S. Cellular Pregame Show 30 minutes before the puck drops. Make sure to give your opinion during the Comcast Post-Game Call-In Show following each game at (815) 874-8255.
Tickets Now On Sale!
IceHogs individual game tickets are now on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2010-11 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the Rockford MetroCentre Box Office in downtown Rockford or on the Web at www.metrocentre.com. Tickets start at just $7.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 4, 2011
- Bulldogs Shut Out By Heat - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Irving Stops Dogs 1-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Phantoms Win Big Again - Adirondack Phantoms
- Names From The Past Power Phantoms To 6-0 Win Over Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Norfolk Power Play Too Much For Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Jones Becomes AHL Admirals Career Scoring Leader as Admirals Top Checkers 5-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Knighthawks and Amerks Players to Roll the Dice for Charity - Rochester Americans
- 3 Games Left, 2 Points out - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Cling to Playoff Hopes Entering Seasons Final Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Sign Brandon Gormley and Philip Lane - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Return Chris McKelvie to Greenville - Connecticut Whale
- Locked And Loading Up - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Assign Left Wing Eric Lampe to Elmira - Syracuse Crunch
- Calder Cup Playoff Tickets on Sale Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Griffins Sign Mrazek to ATO, Welcome Back Coetzee and Piche - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Brad Thiessen Wins American Hockey League's Outstanding Goaltender - AHL
- Bulldogs Look To Clinch Playoff Spot - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Look to Clinch Playoff Berth on the Road - Norfolk Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flyers Recall Holmstrom - Adirondack Phantoms
- Canucks Re-Assign Oreskovich to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Texas Stars Foundation and Players Team up to Help Japan - Texas Stars
- Hamiltons Calder Cup Hero Ajay Baines Joins Broadcast Team - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Goaltender Jeff Deslauriers Named Reebok / AHL Goaltender of the Week - Oklahoma City Barons
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Dunkin Donuts - April 5 - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Oklahoma City's Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Ice Hogs Grab Pair of Road Wins in Week 26 - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Weekly - Manchester Monarchs
- Atlanta Calls for Zubarev - Chicago Wolves
- Rangers Recall Kris Newbury - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Strike Up Fun at Bandera Bowl - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Release Left Wing Everett Sheen - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Announce Details of Fourth Annual Equipment Sale - Rochester Americans
- Wiseman Earns reGen/AHL Performance of the Month for March - AHL
- Bears Close Out Regular Season This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Winningest American Head Coach & 2007 UHL Championship Coach Steve Martinson Joins IceHogs Rewind Pregame Show Friday
- IceHogs to Broadcast Historical Game 7 of 2007 UHL Colonial Cup Finals on IceHogs Rewind Friday Night
- IceHogs Head Coach Derek King Gives Updates on Thursday
- IceHogs Defenseman TJ Brennan Joins Facebook Live on Tuesday