Oklahoma City's Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week
April 4, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Oklahoma City Barons goaltender Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers has been named the Reebok/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Apr. 3, 2011. Drouin-Deslauriers started a pair of critical games last week and earned his first two shutouts of the season, helping the Barons keep pace in the ultra-tight West Division playoff chase.
Drouin-Deslauriers entered the week on a personal three-game losing skid but halted that in a big way on Friday by making 33 saves in a 7-0 victory over Rockford, the Barons' first game back at Cox Convention Center following a season-high nine-game road trip. He came back the next night and blanked Texas on 22 shots as the Barons collected a 2-0 win and moved into fifth place in the division, one point up for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
In recognition of his achievement, Drouin-Deslauriers will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Barons home game.
A second-round draft pick (31st overall) by Edmonton in 2002 who has spent his entire seven-year pro career in the Oilers organization, Drouin-Deslauriers has produced a record of 15-13-4 (2.93, .904) with those two shutouts in 33 appearances for Oklahoma City this season. The 26-year-old native of St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que., is 74-72-14 in 170 career AHL appearances and has also appeared in 58 career NHL games with Edmonton, including 48 last season.
Other nominees for Reebok/AHL Player of the Week include Abbotsford goaltender Leland Irving, Albany forward Ryan Ginand, Binghamton defenseman Derek Smith, Bridgeport right wing Rhett Rakhshani, Charlotte left wing Jacob Micflikier, Chicago center Jared Ross, Connecticut right wing Mats Zuccarello, Hamilton left wing Nigel Dawes, Houston left wing Patrick O'Sullivan, Lake Erie center Ben Walter, Manchester goaltender Jeff Zatkoff, Manitoba center Marco Rosa, Milwaukee center Chris Mueller, Norfolk center Mattias Ritola, Peoria left wing Nicholas Drazenovic, Portland defenseman Nick Crawford, Rochester goaltender Marc Cheverie, Rockford right wing Jeff Taffe, San Antonio right wing Matt Watkins, Syracuse center Nick Bonino, Texas goaltender Richard Bachman and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton right wing Nick Petersen.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 4, 2011
- Bulldogs Shut Out By Heat - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Irving Stops Dogs 1-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Phantoms Win Big Again - Adirondack Phantoms
- Names From The Past Power Phantoms To 6-0 Win Over Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Norfolk Power Play Too Much For Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Jones Becomes AHL Admirals Career Scoring Leader as Admirals Top Checkers 5-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Knighthawks and Amerks Players to Roll the Dice for Charity - Rochester Americans
- 3 Games Left, 2 Points out - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Cling to Playoff Hopes Entering Seasons Final Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Sign Brandon Gormley and Philip Lane - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Return Chris McKelvie to Greenville - Connecticut Whale
- Locked And Loading Up - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Assign Left Wing Eric Lampe to Elmira - Syracuse Crunch
- Calder Cup Playoff Tickets on Sale Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Griffins Sign Mrazek to ATO, Welcome Back Coetzee and Piche - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Brad Thiessen Wins American Hockey League's Outstanding Goaltender - AHL
- Bulldogs Look To Clinch Playoff Spot - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Look to Clinch Playoff Berth on the Road - Norfolk Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flyers Recall Holmstrom - Adirondack Phantoms
- Canucks Re-Assign Oreskovich to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Texas Stars Foundation and Players Team up to Help Japan - Texas Stars
- Hamiltons Calder Cup Hero Ajay Baines Joins Broadcast Team - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Goaltender Jeff Deslauriers Named Reebok / AHL Goaltender of the Week - Oklahoma City Barons
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Dunkin Donuts - April 5 - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Oklahoma City's Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Ice Hogs Grab Pair of Road Wins in Week 26 - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Weekly - Manchester Monarchs
- Atlanta Calls for Zubarev - Chicago Wolves
- Rangers Recall Kris Newbury - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Strike Up Fun at Bandera Bowl - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Release Left Wing Everett Sheen - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Announce Details of Fourth Annual Equipment Sale - Rochester Americans
- Wiseman Earns reGen/AHL Performance of the Month for March - AHL
- Bears Close Out Regular Season This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.