Tacoma Rainiers Announce 2020 Home Schedule for 61st Season at Cheney Stadium
TACOMA, WA- The Tacoma Rainiers announced their 2020 home schedule on Thursday, which will be the 61st season of professional baseball at historic Cheney Stadium. The Rainiers are once again scheduled to host 70 Pacific Coast League games across 11 homestands, in what will be the team's 26th campaign as the Triple-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners.
The Rainiers will start their season with a five-game series at home beginning with Opening Night on April 9 against the Fresno Grizzlies. The series against Fresno accounts for one of two homestands in April, with a seven-game stay against El Paso and Albuquerque from April 21-27.
Cheney Stadium will host 10 Rainiers games in May and another 15 in June. Tacoma's annual July 3rd game will cap a season long nine-game homestand and is one of 15 home contests in July. In August, the club will play 11 home games, including a four-game series against Pacific Coast League newcomer Wichita (formerly the New Orleans Baby Cakes), whose team name is yet to be determined.
The Rainiers will wrap up the regular season with an eight-game stay from August 31 to September 7, with PCL Conference Playoffs beginning two days later. The Triple-A National Championship Game will take place at Las Vegas Ballpark, home of the Las Vegas Aviators, on Tuesday, September 22, the league announced on Monday.
Many popular promotions will return to Cheney Stadium in 2020, including 11 Friday Night Fireworks displays, 10 Coors Light Thirsty Thursday nights with $2 beers, and 11 Silver Bullet Saturdays to spend in R Bar, presented by Coors Light. Additional details on sponsored ticket packages, Throwback Weekend and the remainder of the Rainiers promotional schedule will be announced at a later date.
To view the 2020 Tacoma Rainiers home schedule, follow the link here.
The Rainiers have four more home games this season, all against Las Vegas, Triple-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics, before ending their season with an eight-game road trip through Fresno and Las Vegas. Mike Curto will have full coverage of Thursday's series opener against the Aviators at 7:05 p.m. PDT on South Sound Talk 850, with audio streaming available on the Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network, and tickets are available at TacomaRainiers.com.
To inquire about 2020 Season tickets and hospitality options contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by WeRTacoma.com, or by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), Instagram (tacomarainiers) and liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
Cheney Stadium, home of the Tacoma Rainiers
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 22, 2019
- Rickard leads River Cats in powerful win over El Paso - Sacramento River Cats
- Baby Cakes Beat Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Thursday's Chasers-'Cakes Game Cancelled - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Rained out Thursday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Thursday's OKC Dodgers Game Canceled Due to Inclement Weather - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds and Dodgers Cancelled in Oklahoma City - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (59-68) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (59-69) - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies to Finish 2019 Season with Eight Home Games - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Ballpark to be Renamed First Horizon Park - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (61-67) vs Round Rock Express (76-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- Cubs Blank Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Iowa Silences San Antonio, Wins Series - Iowa Cubs
- Houston Astros RHP Josh James Joins Round Rock Express on Major League Rehab Assignment - Round Rock Express
- Isotopes Head Groundskeeper Clint Belau Wins PCL Field of the Year Presidential Commendation Once Again - Albuquerque Isotopes
- $7.76 Tickets as Redbirds Wrap up Regular Season Home Schedule - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aviators Doebler Named Sports Turf Manager of the Year - Las Vegas Aviators
- Las Vegas's Doebler Honored as Sports Turf Manager of the Year - PCL
- Tacoma Rainiers Announce 2020 Home Schedule for 61st Season at Cheney Stadium - Tacoma Rainiers
- Las Vegas's LaRosa Named Athletic Trainer of the Year - Las Vegas Aviators
- Las Vegas's Larosa Named Athletic Trainer of the Year - PCL
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Iowa Cubs - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Pound Reno 18-4 for Fifth Straight Win and Series Sweep - Las Vegas Aviators
- Allen Caps Chichuahua Rally - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Magic number shrinks to five despite defeat - Sacramento River Cats
- Garcia, Isotopes Staff Spin Gem in Shutout Win over the River Cats - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Pitcher Homers Again in Loss - Reno Aces
- "Ruff" ending in El Paso as Chihuahuas walk-off on Grizzlies 9-8 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Series Finale Between Rainiers and Salt Lake Cancelled in Fifth Inning - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale
- Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators
- Misiewicz Dominant to Propel Rainiers to Second-Straight Win in Las Vegas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers
- Brugman Plates Four, Rainiers Drop Series Finale to Fresno