Series Finale Between Rainiers and Salt Lake Cancelled in Fifth Inning
Tacoma, WA - The Tacoma Rainiers and Salt Lake Bees were tied, 2-2, with one out in the top of the fifth inning on Wednesday when home plate umpire Nick Mahrley signaled for the tarp, and the rubber match of the three-game series was officially cancelled 43 minutes later. Because the contest resulted in an unofficial game, fans can redeem their tickets in-person at the Cheney Stadium box office only for any of the final four home contests against the Las Vegas Aviators, Thursday through Sunday, subject to availability.
Statistics for the game are unofficial, although Tacoma (58-69) first baseman Ryan Court obliterated an opposite field home run off the scoreboard in the third inning, evening the score at 2 apiece.
Left-hander Anthony Misiewicz got through all 4 1/3 innings, striking out eight Bees (54-73).
Los Angeles Angels top prospect Jo Adell hit his first two career Triple-A home runs for Salt Lake, accounting for both of the team's runs, but the 20-year-old's big flies won't count toward his season statistics.
The Rainiers begin their final home series of the season on Thursday against the Las Vegas Aviators, Triple-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. Mike Curto will have full coverage on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found on WeRTacoma.com, or by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), on Instagram (@tacomarainiers) and by liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
Ryan Court of the Tacoma Rainiers
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 22, 2019
- Rickard leads River Cats in powerful win over El Paso - Sacramento River Cats
- Baby Cakes Beat Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Thursday's Chasers-'Cakes Game Cancelled - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Rained out Thursday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Thursday's OKC Dodgers Game Canceled Due to Inclement Weather - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds and Dodgers Cancelled in Oklahoma City - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (59-68) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (59-69) - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies to Finish 2019 Season with Eight Home Games - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Ballpark to be Renamed First Horizon Park - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (61-67) vs Round Rock Express (76-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- Cubs Blank Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Iowa Silences San Antonio, Wins Series - Iowa Cubs
- Houston Astros RHP Josh James Joins Round Rock Express on Major League Rehab Assignment - Round Rock Express
- Isotopes Head Groundskeeper Clint Belau Wins PCL Field of the Year Presidential Commendation Once Again - Albuquerque Isotopes
- $7.76 Tickets as Redbirds Wrap up Regular Season Home Schedule - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aviators Doebler Named Sports Turf Manager of the Year - Las Vegas Aviators
- Las Vegas's Doebler Honored as Sports Turf Manager of the Year - PCL
- Tacoma Rainiers Announce 2020 Home Schedule for 61st Season at Cheney Stadium - Tacoma Rainiers
- Las Vegas's LaRosa Named Athletic Trainer of the Year - Las Vegas Aviators
- Las Vegas's Larosa Named Athletic Trainer of the Year - PCL
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Iowa Cubs - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Pound Reno 18-4 for Fifth Straight Win and Series Sweep - Las Vegas Aviators
- Allen Caps Chichuahua Rally - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Magic number shrinks to five despite defeat - Sacramento River Cats
- Garcia, Isotopes Staff Spin Gem in Shutout Win over the River Cats - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Pitcher Homers Again in Loss - Reno Aces
- "Ruff" ending in El Paso as Chihuahuas walk-off on Grizzlies 9-8 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Series Finale Between Rainiers and Salt Lake Cancelled in Fifth Inning - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Rainiers Among Minor League Baseball's Top-25 in Merchandise Sales for Fifth-Straight Year
- Rainiers Giving Tacoma a Taste of Baseball with "Cheneyville Grab N' Go" Drive-Thru
- Seattle Mariners to Utilize Cheney Stadium for "Taxi Squad" Practices, Simulated Games Beginning July 27
- Tacoma Rainiers Statement Regarding Cancelation of 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Tacoma Rainiers Hosting Virtual Watch Party for Annual 3rd of July Fireworks Show