Sounds Power their Way over Indians
NASHVILLE - The Nashville Sounds offense led them to an 8-3 win over the Indianapolis Indians Thursday Night at Victory Field. The Sounds mustered nine hits, including a three-run home run from Rowdy Tellez.
After a scoreless two innings, the Sounds scored five runs in the third. Christian Kelly led off the inning with a single and came in to score on an error to give Nashville a 1-0 lead. David Dahl brought in a run with a single and Zach Green doubled to deep center field, giving the Sounds a 4-0 advantage. Brice Turang extended the lead to 5-0 with a run-scoring single.
Tellez broke the game open in the fourth inning as he launched a three-run homer to put Nashville up 8-0.
In the fifth, Cam Alldred drove in a run with a single and Oneil Cruz homered to cut the Sounds lead to 8-2. Canaan Smith-Njigba grounded out in the eighth to give the Indians a run and make it 8-3, Sounds.
Nashville starting pitcher Ethan Small earned his second win after he pitched five innings and gave up two runs on five hits.
Game three of the five-game series is scheduled for Friday night in Indianapolis. Right-hander Alec Bettinger (3-6, 4.76) starts for the Sounds against right-hander James Marvel (6-7, 5.46) for the Indians. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m.
The Sounds have won nine of their last 11 games and four of their last seven on the road.
Nashville manager Rick Sweet won his 2,100th career game as a minor league manager.
David Dahl has hit safely in 16 of his last 18 games...batting .328 (21-for-64) with 10 runs, 5 doubles, 2 home runs and 10 RBI.
Zach Green had his first multi-RBI game since September 4 at Louisville.
The Nashville Sounds are the Triple-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers and play at First Horizon Park. Season ticket memberships for the 2022 season are on sale now. For more information call 615-690-4487 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.--
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 30, 2021
- Knights Fall to Redbirds 6-4 on Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Quintana Rockets Jumbo Shrimp Past Stripers, 7-5 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Lee Locks In, Offense Plates 5 to Edge Clippers - Louisville Bats
- Eight Doubles Lead WooSox Offensive Outburst against IronPigs - Worcester Red Sox
- Bisons Win Sixth Straight, Beating Syracuse 8-5 - Buffalo Bisons
- Redbirds Beat Knights for Second Straight Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Oneil Cruz Homers in Fourth Consecutive Game - Indianapolis Indians
- Mark Payton Hits Two Home Runs, But Mets Fall to Bisons, 8-5, on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Sounds Power their Way over Indians - Nashville Sounds
- Tonight's Game against Omaha Canceled - Iowa Cubs
- Witt Jr. Joins 30-30-30 Club; Game Suspended in Third Inning - Omaha Storm Chasers
- RailRiders Use Late Rally to Top Plates Thursday Night - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders Rally past Rochester in the Ninth - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Demons Exorcised: Saints Finally Win in Toledo, 2-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Offense Falters in 2-0 Shutout Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (60-65) vs. Nashville Sounds (68-57) - Indianapolis Indians
- September 30 Game Notes: Iowa vs. Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Tides Routed by Durham, Eliminated from Final Stretch - Norfolk Tides
- Durham Wins Ninth Straight, Blanks Norfolk 8-0 - Durham Bulls
- Owen Named Indians September Player of the Month - Indianapolis Indians
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: September 30, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - September 30, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Ryan Callahan Foundation to Host Families from Golisano Children's Hospital - Rochester Red Wings
- Columbus Clubs Quartet of Homers to Drop Bats - Louisville Bats
- Cruz Leads Indy in Walk-Off Winner - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.