Sound Tigers Re-Sign Mike Souza
HARTFORD, CT - The American Hockey League's Bridgeport Sound Tigers, top affiliate of the National Hockey League's New York Islanders, have signed Left Wing Mike Souza to a professional tryout contract. Souza was just released by the AHL's Portland Pirates for whom he had five goals, five assists, ten points and 16 penalty minutes in 27 games this season. The Wakefield, Massachusetts native also notched eight goals, 13 assists, 21 points and 29 penalty minutes in 17 games with the ECHL's Florence Pride earlier this season.
This will be the second tour of duty with the Sound Tigers for Souza who joined Bridgeport last season on loan from the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and recorded seven goals, 15 assists, 22 points and 89 points in 59 games after posting two goals, two assists, four points and seven penalty minutes in five games with Chicago's AHL affiliate, the Norfolk Admirals. He spent the previous two seasons, 2000-02, with Norfolk and also played four years, 1996-2000, at the University of New Hampshire.
The Sound Tigers will visit the Hartford Wolf Pack tonight at 7:05 p.m. and return home to host the Norfolk Admirals at Bridgeport's Arena at Harbor Yard tomorrow at 7:05 p.m. Both games will be broadcast live on 600 WICC-AM and at www.soundtigers.com beginning at 6:45 p.m.
Sound Tigers individual-game tickets are on sale at the Harbor Yard box office Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., Saturday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and on all game days, as well as on-line at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster at 203-368-1000.
Information regarding Sound Tigers season tickets, partial plans, flex packs, group discounts, birthday parties, suite packages and sponsorship opportunities is available by calling 203-334-GOAL or logging on to www.soundtigers.com.
Groups, organizations, companies, etc. that are interested in having a member of the Sound Tigers appear at an event are also invited to call 203-334-GOAL or email email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2004
- Grizzlies Take Care of Wolves 4-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Bulldogs Lose to Griffins in Overtime - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals top Aeros 4-2 - Houston Aeros
- Falcons tie Pirates in Portland, 3-3 - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins' OT magic continues with 2-1 win over Hamilton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Set League Record 14th Shutout of the Season - Connecticut Whale
- Hauser Stellar In Relief As The Monarchs Beat The Bruins - Manchester Monarchs
- Phantoms defeat Hershey 3-0 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Thrashers Say Mack Has The Knack - Chicago Wolves
- Bears fall to Phantoms for ninth consecutive time - Hershey Bears
- Ducks blanked by Roadrunners - Cincinnati RailRaiders
- Sound Tigers Blanked 3-0 In Hartford - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- PharmAssist Player's Championship Weekend Packages On Sale - Toronto Marlies
- Dan Ellis Returns to Grizzlies and Ron Tugnutt Heads Back to Dallas - Utah Grizzlies
- Sound Tigers Re-Sign Mike Souza - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons to host Monsters and Sens after visit to Portland - Springfield Falcons
- Aeros Game Day - Houston Aeros
- Calder Cup 2004 Tour starts Sunday - AHL
- P-Bruins agree to team sponsorship extension with Quzinos, add Reo Properties - Providence Bruins
- Pirates Release Souza - Portland Pirates
- Norfolk signs two - Norfolk Admirals
- Rampage Game Day - San Antonio Rampage
- P-Bruins agree to sponsorship renewals - Providence Bruins
- Grizzlies Battle Wolves Tonight at the 'E' Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Griffins sign goaltender Doug Teskey - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Busy Week Finishes With Two Games In As Many Nights - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Head to Buffalo to Battle Rochester on February 29 - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage sign Spiewak to PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Moran and Scoville to Sign Autographs at Quickway - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Bears out to stop Phantom menace tonight in South Philly - Hershey Bears
- Waiter ... there's a puck in my soup! - Connecticut Whale
- IceCats Sign Goalies - Worcester IceCats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Sound Tigers Set Home Opener for October 19
- Bridgeport's season ends in Game 5 overtime loss
- Sound Tigers Host Bears in Decisive Game 5 Tonight
- Lorito scores at 1:13 of overtime to force winner-take-all Game 5 on Saturday
- Sound Tigers Battle in Must-Win Game 4 Tonight