Sens Announce Additional Women's Hockey Night
The Belleville Senators have announced additional details for its Women's Hockey Night on Oct. 19 including an appearance from Olympic champion Sami Jo Small.
Small was part of Canada's gold medal winning teams at the 2002 and 2006 Olympics. She also won a silver medal in 1998. The Winnipeg native also has five World Championship gold medals to her name (1999, 2000, 2001, 2004 and 2007) and was named tournament MVP in 1999 and 2000.
The former goaltender was also one of the co-founders of the Canadian Women's Hockey League that began play in 2007 before disbanding in 2019.
As part of Women's Hockey Day, Small will speak at an exclusive event from 5-6pm to minor hockey teams that are playing at the Quinte Wellness Sports Centre throughout the day. Fans will have the chance to meet Small during the first intermission at Gate 2 and throughout the game there will be lots of minor hockey activations with girls teams.
Saturday will also mark the first CAA Chuck-A-Puck of the season with proceeds going to the Belleville Bearcats Girls Hockey Association.
Fans are also reminded that as it's a Saturday game, they can take advantage of the Family Pack that includes four tickets for just $78. The Coca-Cola Pack and McDonald's pack are also available. Click here for full details on our three special offers.
Get in on the action throughout 2019-20 with Belleville Senators season tickets or flex packages. Single-game tickets are now on-sale through Dec. 31.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 16, 2019
- No Scoring Necessary, Tucson Community Wins at Faceoff Luncheon - Tucson Roadrunners
- P-Bruins Comeback Falls Just Short as Laval Rocket Wins in Shootout, 5-4 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Come Back to Stay Undefeated against Devils - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Toronto - Hershey Bears
- Devils Lose Lead In 5-3 Loss To Penguins - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Dominate Crunch in Home Opener - Utica Comets
- Comets Surge Past Crunch, 6-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Roadrunners Open Fourth Season in Tucson Friday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hogs Cap Homestand with $2 Beer, Magnet Schedule Giveaway - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Kick off Three-Game Homestand - Toronto Marlies
- NHL Network to Televise San Diego Gulls Game March 29 - San Diego Gulls
- Defenseman Kevin Connauton Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Live American Hockey League Action Coming to NHL Network - AHL
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Presented by Ontario International Airport to Air on NHL Network - Ontario Reign
- San Jose Barracuda Reveal 5th Anniversary Team - San Jose Barracuda
- Sens Announce Additional Women's Hockey Night - Belleville Senators
- Abramov Savours First NHL Goal as he Returns to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Country and Western Night Saturday as the Condors Return Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Blue Cross Arena Announces Expanded Partnership with The Distillery - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Trek to Texas for Two - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Condors Fly Past Stockton, 6-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Suffer 6-2 Setback Tuesday against Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.