Roadrunners Open Fourth Season in Tucson Friday
TUCSON, ARIZONA - The Tucson Roadrunners, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Arizona Coyotes, begin the home portion of their fourth season in Southern Arizona this Friday night when they take on the San Antonio Rampage at Tucson Arena starting at 7 p.m.
The festivities for Opening Night in Tucson begin at 4:30 p.m. when players will begin arriving through the main entrance of the Tucson Convention Center (TCC) on a red carpet. Fans are encourage to arrive early to grab their spot, greet the players, take pictures and potentially receive autographs. The "Voice of the Roadrunners" Adrian Denny will also be interviewing players before they enter the building, gathering their thoughts on the excitement before the first home game.
Prior to the main entrance doors opening at 5:45 p.m. fans can also enjoy a party on the plaza featuring the Billy Shaw Jr. Band playing live music.
When doors open, 5:30 p.m. for Roadrunners Season Ticket Members at the North Doors of the TCC, the first 1,500 fans will receive a Roadrunners rally towel courtesy of Williams & Associates.
This weekend begins a stretch of six consecutive home games for the team, including Saturday's Kids in Free Night, also at 7 p.m. against San Antonio. Fans purchasing tickets at the box office with children ages 14 and under will receive a complimentary ticket for those wishing to attend. Roadrunners Season Ticket Members and package holders should contact their Roadrunners representative for more information on accessing their free children's ticket(s).
This weekend's games will also be the first played on the new Tucson Arena ice floor following the plant replacement project that took place this summer. The Roadrunners would like to extend their sincerest thanks to the Rio Nuevo District for replacing the over 20-year-old equipment at the Tucson Convention Center. Following a six-month, $3.4 million project upgrade, the team invites the community to join in on the Fast Fun, family-friendly entertainment at Tucson Arena.
The Roadrunners continue their six-game home stretch with the following dates at Tucson Arena:
October 25 vs. Iowa (7 p.m.) - Kids Weekend: Fortnite, Coors Light 1-2-3 Night, Teacher's Night presented by Pima Federal Credit Union
October 26 vs. Iowa (7 p.m.) - Kids Weekend: Prince and Princess Night & Win/Win Night
October 29 vs. Chicago (7 p.m.) - $12 Group Tickets
October 30 vs. Chicago (7 p.m.) - Roadrunners Trick or Treat Bag Giveaway (First 500), $2 Hot Dogs
On The Ice
After matching a franchise record by scoring eight goals against the Ontario Reign last Saturday in California, Tucson now looks to continue their winning ways on home ice.
Lane Pederson became the first Roadrunner in franchise history to record multiple hat tricks in a Tucson sweater and 13 of the 18 skaters recorded at least one point in the win.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 16, 2019
- No Scoring Necessary, Tucson Community Wins at Faceoff Luncheon - Tucson Roadrunners
- P-Bruins Comeback Falls Just Short as Laval Rocket Wins in Shootout, 5-4 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Come Back to Stay Undefeated against Devils - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Toronto - Hershey Bears
- Devils Lose Lead In 5-3 Loss To Penguins - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Dominate Crunch in Home Opener - Utica Comets
- Comets Surge Past Crunch, 6-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Roadrunners Open Fourth Season in Tucson Friday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hogs Cap Homestand with $2 Beer, Magnet Schedule Giveaway - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Kick off Three-Game Homestand - Toronto Marlies
- NHL Network to Televise San Diego Gulls Game March 29 - San Diego Gulls
- Defenseman Kevin Connauton Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Live American Hockey League Action Coming to NHL Network - AHL
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Presented by Ontario International Airport to Air on NHL Network - Ontario Reign
- San Jose Barracuda Reveal 5th Anniversary Team - San Jose Barracuda
- Sens Announce Additional Women's Hockey Night - Belleville Senators
- Abramov Savours First NHL Goal as he Returns to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Country and Western Night Saturday as the Condors Return Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Blue Cross Arena Announces Expanded Partnership with The Distillery - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Trek to Texas for Two - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Condors Fly Past Stockton, 6-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Suffer 6-2 Setback Tuesday against Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.