Marlies Kick off Three-Game Homestand
After picking up back-to-back wins in Winnipeg last weekend, the Marlies return home tonight to kick off a three-game homestand at Coca-Cola Coliseum.
The Marlies are off to a hot start this season and sit atop the North Division standings with a perfect 3-0 record. Toronto has been dominant on the penalty kill so far this season, shutting down nine power play opportunities and adding a shorthanded goal for.
Players to Watch: Pontus Aberg has points (3-1-4) in three consecutive games. Pierre Engvall has points (2-3-5) in three consecutive games. Egor Korshkov has points (3-1-4) in three consecutive games, including a goal in every game so far this season. Jordan Schmaltz has points (1-2-3) in three consecutive games.
The Hershey Bears sit just above .500 with a 2-1-1 record on the season. They come into tonight's game riding a two-game win streak, including a 5-1 win over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Sunday.
Players to Watch: Travis Boyd (4-2-6) and Mike Sgarbossa (3-3-6) lead the Bears with six points apiece. Since clearing waivers earlier this month, Boyd quickly jumped to the top of the AHL leader board after posting six points in his first two games.
Puck drops at 7:00 PM on Leafs Nation Network. Fans across Canada can also stream the game live in the Official Toronto Maple Leafs App.
Head to Head (2019-20 Regular Season)
3-0-0-0 Overall Record 2-1-1-0
0-0-0-0 Head To Head 0-0-0-0
Win 3 Streak Win 2
11 Goals For 13
3 Goals Against 10
22.2% Power Play Percentage 21.7%
100% Penalty Kill Percentage 92.9%
E. Korshkov (3)
P. Aberg (3) Leading Goal Scorer T. Boyd (4)
P. Engvall (5) Leading Points Scorer T. Boyd (6)
M. Sgarbossa (6)
K. Kaskisuo (2) Wins Leader P. Copley (1)
V. Vanecek (1)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 16, 2019
- No Scoring Necessary, Tucson Community Wins at Faceoff Luncheon - Tucson Roadrunners
- P-Bruins Comeback Falls Just Short as Laval Rocket Wins in Shootout, 5-4 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Come Back to Stay Undefeated against Devils - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Toronto - Hershey Bears
- Devils Lose Lead In 5-3 Loss To Penguins - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Dominate Crunch in Home Opener - Utica Comets
- Comets Surge Past Crunch, 6-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Roadrunners Open Fourth Season in Tucson Friday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hogs Cap Homestand with $2 Beer, Magnet Schedule Giveaway - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Kick off Three-Game Homestand - Toronto Marlies
- NHL Network to Televise San Diego Gulls Game March 29 - San Diego Gulls
- Defenseman Kevin Connauton Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Live American Hockey League Action Coming to NHL Network - AHL
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Presented by Ontario International Airport to Air on NHL Network - Ontario Reign
- San Jose Barracuda Reveal 5th Anniversary Team - San Jose Barracuda
- Sens Announce Additional Women's Hockey Night - Belleville Senators
- Abramov Savours First NHL Goal as he Returns to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Country and Western Night Saturday as the Condors Return Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Blue Cross Arena Announces Expanded Partnership with The Distillery - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Trek to Texas for Two - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Condors Fly Past Stockton, 6-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Suffer 6-2 Setback Tuesday against Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.