San Diego Gulls Defenseman Jamie Drysdale Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month
SAN DIEGO - The American Hockey League (AHL) announced today San Diego Gulls defenseman Jamie Drysdale has been selected as the league's CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month for February 2021.
Drysdale, 18 (8/4/2002), registered four goals and five assists for nine points in 11 games from the San Diego blue line, tying for the team scoring lead.
Selected by the Anaheim Ducks in the first round (sixth overall) of the 2020 NHL Draft, Drysdale earned a goal and an assist in the second game of his pro career on Feb. 6, becoming the youngest player in Gulls history to score his first career AHL goal (18 years, 9 months, 28 days).
Drysdale notched two assists in a 3-2 win over Colorado on Feb. 13, and potted the game-winning goal in overtime as the Gulls beat the Eagles, 3-2, on Feb. 14. He assisted on the decisive score in a 4-3 win over Bakersfield on Feb. 17, and had his third multiple-point outing of the month with a goal and an assist in a 7-3 win over Colorado on Feb. 20. Finally, Drysdale scored his fourth goal of the season - tops among all AHL defensemen - in a 3-2 setback at Henderson on Feb. 26.
Drysdale becomes the third Gull to be selected Rookie of the Month, joining Max Comtois (Feb. 2020) and Brandon Montour (Nov. 2015).
A native of Toronto, Ontario, Drysdale has played the last two seasons with Erie in the Ontario Hockey League, earning OHL First All-Star Team honors in 2019-20. The 18-year-old Toronto native has represented Canada at the last two IIHF World Junior Championship tournaments, winning gold in 2020 and silver in 2021.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month, Drysdale will receive an etched crystal award from CCM.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 1, 2021
- Moose Rally Falls Short - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Defeat Amerks, 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Stars, Barracuda Postponement Relocated to San Jose on April 14 - Texas Stars
- Morin Assigned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Comeback Falls Just Short in Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Insider: A Goal-Scoring Juggernaut - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Announces Changes to Barracuda's Schedule - San Jose Barracuda
- Rich Clune Named Toronto Marlies Captain - Toronto Marlies
- Phantoms Welcome Fans Back to PPL Center at 15% Capacity - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- TSN1200 to Provide Broadcast Coverage of All Belleville Senators Home Games - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Reading Day Tuesday with Bookmans - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Defenseman Jamie Drysdale Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - San Diego Gulls
- Logan Thompson Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Henderson Silver Knights
- Pitlick Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Chicago Wolves
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 4 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pitlick, Drysdale, Thompson Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for February - AHL
- Canadiens Agree to Terms on Three-Year Entry-Level Contract with Defenseman Gianni Fairbrother - Laval Rocket
- Logan Shaw Named 4th Captain in Franchise History - Belleville Senators
- Max Willman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lehigh Valley's Max Willman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Laval Rocket Release Forward Kevin Lynch - Laval Rocket
- Belleville Senators Sign Goaltender Tye Austin to An Amateur Tryout - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda End Reign 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.