Max Willman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
Lehigh Valley, PA - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, are pleased to announce that forward Max Willman has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending February 28, 2021.
Willman scored five goals in three games last week, surpassing his output from his previous 28 career AHL contests.
Willman notched the first two-goal game of his AHL career on Wednesday night, including the winning tally in Lehigh Valley's 5-4 overtime victory against Binghamton. He scored again in a 4-2 loss to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Friday, and netted two more goals on Saturday as the Phantoms earned a point in a 5-4 overtime defeat to the Penguins.
A second-year pro from Barnstable, Mass., Willman is tied for the Phantoms team lead with six goals this season and has totaled seven points in seven games in 2020-21. He is currently on a four-game goal streak dating back to the previous week with his first goal of the season in the team's home opener on February 20.
He collected three goals and six assists in 24 AHL games with Lehigh Valley in 2019-20, adding 25 points in 20 contests with Reading (ECHL). Willman was originally a fifth-round selection by Buffalo in the 2014 NHL Draft and played collegiately at Brown University (2014-18) and Boston University (2018-19).
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Willman will receive an etched crystal award from CCM.
The Phantoms return to action on Wednesday, March 3 at 7:05 p.m. hosting the rival Hersey Bears at PPL Center.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 1, 2021
- Moose Rally Falls Short - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Defeat Amerks, 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Stars, Barracuda Postponement Relocated to San Jose on April 14 - Texas Stars
- Morin Assigned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Comeback Falls Just Short in Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Insider: A Goal-Scoring Juggernaut - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Announces Changes to Barracuda's Schedule - San Jose Barracuda
- Rich Clune Named Toronto Marlies Captain - Toronto Marlies
- Phantoms Welcome Fans Back to PPL Center at 15% Capacity - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- TSN1200 to Provide Broadcast Coverage of All Belleville Senators Home Games - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Reading Day Tuesday with Bookmans - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Defenseman Jamie Drysdale Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - San Diego Gulls
- Logan Thompson Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Henderson Silver Knights
- Pitlick Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Chicago Wolves
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 4 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pitlick, Drysdale, Thompson Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for February - AHL
- Canadiens Agree to Terms on Three-Year Entry-Level Contract with Defenseman Gianni Fairbrother - Laval Rocket
- Logan Shaw Named 4th Captain in Franchise History - Belleville Senators
- Max Willman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lehigh Valley's Max Willman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Laval Rocket Release Forward Kevin Lynch - Laval Rocket
- Belleville Senators Sign Goaltender Tye Austin to An Amateur Tryout - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda End Reign 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.