Belleville Senators Sign Goaltender Tye Austin to An Amateur Tryout
The Belleville Senators have signed goaltender Tye Austin to an Amateur Tryout (ATO). The Dunrobin, Ontario native spent the past two seasons with the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League, where he was selected 43rd overall in the third round of the 2018 OHL Priority Selection from the Kanata Lasers Midget AAA.
Austin is coming off of a shortened OHL season which saw him record five wins in 17 total games played. The 18-year old has spent much of his first two junior seasons serving a backup role but has made a strong bid for the starting role with the Petes for the 2020-21 season. In his first season with the Petes, he had five wins in 19 total games played. He has been named OHL Academic Player of the Month on two separate occasions.
Hailing from the Ottawa Valley, Austin developed as a member of both the Ottawa Valley Titans and the Kanata Lasers 'AAA' programs. He also represented Hockey Eastern Ontario at the Ontario Hockey League's Gold Cup in 2018 ahead of his first season with the Petes.
Austin joins the Senators on an ATO as the team resumes their 2021 season after a week-and-a-half long break. The remainder of the 2021 season was recently announced by the league including details on the Belleville Senators' temporary relocation to the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa for their 2021 home games.
The Senators welcome the Stockton Heat to the Canadian Tire Centre on Wednesday, Mar 5th at 7:00 pm ET. This will be the first-ever matchup between the two clubs. You can catch the action live on AHLTV.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 1, 2021
- Moose Rally Falls Short - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Defeat Amerks, 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Stars, Barracuda Postponement Relocated to San Jose on April 14 - Texas Stars
- Morin Assigned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Comeback Falls Just Short in Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Insider: A Goal-Scoring Juggernaut - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Announces Changes to Barracuda's Schedule - San Jose Barracuda
- Rich Clune Named Toronto Marlies Captain - Toronto Marlies
- Phantoms Welcome Fans Back to PPL Center at 15% Capacity - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- TSN1200 to Provide Broadcast Coverage of All Belleville Senators Home Games - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Reading Day Tuesday with Bookmans - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Defenseman Jamie Drysdale Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - San Diego Gulls
- Logan Thompson Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Henderson Silver Knights
- Pitlick Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Chicago Wolves
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 4 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pitlick, Drysdale, Thompson Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for February - AHL
- Canadiens Agree to Terms on Three-Year Entry-Level Contract with Defenseman Gianni Fairbrother - Laval Rocket
- Logan Shaw Named 4th Captain in Franchise History - Belleville Senators
- Max Willman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lehigh Valley's Max Willman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Laval Rocket Release Forward Kevin Lynch - Laval Rocket
- Belleville Senators Sign Goaltender Tye Austin to An Amateur Tryout - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda End Reign 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, April 12th
- Belleville Senators Add Curtis Douglas on An AHL Contract
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, April 10th
- Belleville Senators Add Curtis Douglas on An Amateur Tryout Agreement
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, April 8th