Logan Thompson Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month
HENDERSON - The American Hockey League announced today, March 1, that Silver Knights rookie goaltender Logan Thompson has been named the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for the month of February.
Thompson, 24, is 4-1-0 to begin his first season with Silver Knights, posting a 1.81 goals-against average and a .942 save percentage. Among all rookie goaltenders with at least three starts, the Calgary, Alberta native leads the American Hockey League in goals-against average and save percentage. He ranks tied for second among all AHL rookies in wins.
The 6-foot-4 Thompson signed an entry-level contract with the Vegas Golden Knights on Jul. 13, 2020. He was the starting goaltender for the first game in Silver Knights history, a 5-2 win over the Ontario Reign in which he made 29 saves and earned First Star honors. Thompson made a career-high 41 saves on 43 shots in Bakersfield on Feb. 20, his lone defeat this season.
Thompson had made one AHL appearance prior to this season, playing one game for the Binghamton Devils in 2018-19. He spent the 2019-20 season with the ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays, going 23-8-1 with a 2.25 goals-against average, a .929 save percentage, and three shutouts. In 2018-19, he was the USports (OUA West) Rookie of the Year and Goaltender of the Year at Brock University.
Thompson becomes the first player in Silver Knights history to receive a league-wide award. He is currently skating with the Vegas Golden Knights taxi squad.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 1, 2021
- Moose Rally Falls Short - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Defeat Amerks, 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Stars, Barracuda Postponement Relocated to San Jose on April 14 - Texas Stars
- Morin Assigned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Comeback Falls Just Short in Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Insider: A Goal-Scoring Juggernaut - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Announces Changes to Barracuda's Schedule - San Jose Barracuda
- Rich Clune Named Toronto Marlies Captain - Toronto Marlies
- Phantoms Welcome Fans Back to PPL Center at 15% Capacity - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- TSN1200 to Provide Broadcast Coverage of All Belleville Senators Home Games - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Reading Day Tuesday with Bookmans - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Defenseman Jamie Drysdale Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - San Diego Gulls
- Logan Thompson Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Henderson Silver Knights
- Pitlick Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Chicago Wolves
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 4 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pitlick, Drysdale, Thompson Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for February - AHL
- Canadiens Agree to Terms on Three-Year Entry-Level Contract with Defenseman Gianni Fairbrother - Laval Rocket
- Logan Shaw Named 4th Captain in Franchise History - Belleville Senators
- Max Willman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lehigh Valley's Max Willman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Laval Rocket Release Forward Kevin Lynch - Laval Rocket
- Belleville Senators Sign Goaltender Tye Austin to An Amateur Tryout - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda End Reign 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Henderson Silver Knights Stories
- Silver Knights Shine in First Game at T-Mobile Arena, Win 5-3
- Henderson Dominant in 4-0 Win against San Jose
- Henderson Falls to San Jose, 7-5
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Updates to Their Inaugural 2020-21 Season Schedule
- Lifeguard Arena in Henderson to Reopen on Friday, April 30