San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Friday, Apr. 1 at Rockford IceHogs BMO Harris Bank Center, 7:00 p.m. (CT)
The Rampage make their way to the BMO Harris Bank Center to wrap up the season series against the Rockford IceHogs. San Antonio enters Friday's game on a four-game winning streak, their longest on home ice all season. Rockford is currently on an 0-2-0-0 streak, after dropping two straight contests to the Lake Erie Monsters, but have a chance to turn it around on Mar. 30 before they see San Antonio. The Silver and Black have struggled this season against the IceHogs, posting an 0-2-1-0 record and allowing 12 goals in three games.
Saturday, Apr. 2 at Milwaukee Admirals BMO Harris Bradley Center 4:00 p.m. (CT)
San Antonio continues their weekend back-to-back with a Saturday show- down with the Milwaukee Admirals, the team that sits atop the Central Division. The Admirals have been a thorn in the side of the Rampage this season, averaging five goals per game and outscoring the Silver and Black 15-6. Milwaukee's power-play unit has played a huge role in the three previous contests, connecting on 31.3 % (5/16) of opportunities with the man advantage. Max Noreau leads the Rampage with a goal and teo assists in the season series. The Rampage are winless through the first three games of the season series.
NOREAU SETS RAMPAGE BEST: Maxim Noreau tallied a power-play goal early in San Antonio's March 26 game against the Bakersfield Condors, which set a new franchise record for power-play goals scored by a defenseman in a single season. His team-high eight power-play goals surpassed Garrett Stafford's seven from the 2010-11 season.
DEFENSIVE TRENDS: Of the Rampage's 64 points this season, 48 of them have come when the Silver and Black have given up two or fewer goals. San Antonio has held their opponents to two or fewer goals 25 times this season, posting a 24-1-0-0 record. In those 25 games the Rampage have outscored their opponents 81-32, averaging 3.24 goals per game.
ICE CHIPS: Ben Street - Rampage Center
Captain Ben Street made his return to the lineup Saturday night when he took the ice against the Bakersfield Condors. Street's last game with the Rampage dated back to Halloween weekend when he tallied two consecutive game-winning goals against the Ontario Reign. The British Columbia native opened the season as the Ram- page's strongest offensive weapon averaging two points per game and collecting at least one assist in six straight contests before being recalled by the Colorado Avalanche on Nov. 2, 2015. A serious upper-body injury that required surgery and extensive rehab kept him out of the lineup for much of the season. He was reassigned to San Antonio on Feb. 24 and in his first game back, the Rampage captain tallied a goal and an assist, earning the First Star of the Game in a 3-0 win for the Rampage. His assist early in the second period extended his assist streak to seven games, which ties him with the franchise record previously by Drew Shore in the 2014-15 season.
Face Off Against Kids Cancer Night April 9 7 p.m.
Rampage vs. Iowa Wild The Rampage will host their Face Off Against Kids Cancer buddies at the team's annual Face Off Against Kids Cancer night. The Silver and Black will wear special jerseys that will be auctioned off follow- ing the game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2016
- Garret Ross Reinstated - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Fall 4-1 to Central Division-Leading Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Extend Division Lead in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Blow Away Condors, 5-1, to Sweep Season Series Lagace Stops 48 Shots in Net for Texas - Texas Stars
- Condors Fire 49 Shots in Loss to Texas - Bakersfield Condors
- Dustin Jeffrey Haunts Former Team in Penguins' 4-3 Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Can't Hold off Comets in Utica - Rochester Americans
- Albany Devils Clinch Spot in 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - Albany Devils
- IceCaps Blanked By Marlies 4-0 - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Storm Back for Crucial Win vs Amerks - Utica Comets
- Devils blank Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Falcons Continue Skid with Loss against Penguins - Springfield Falcons
- SJ Barracuda Continue Battle for Playoff Spot in West - San Jose Barracuda
- Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Heat - Stockton Heat
- Ritchie Reassigned to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Four Road Games Ahead for Grand Rapids this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens on Home Ice Friday & Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Condors Team Card Sets, LB Bobbleheads, and Hockey-Thon this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Bring up Robinson from ECHL, Return Owuya - Stockton Heat
- Syracuse Crunch Launch Game-Worn Jersey Auction - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Harvard Captain Criscuolo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly - Phantoms Prepare for Weekend Series at St. John's - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hall of Fame Inductions Set for Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Four third period goals fuel Bridgeport comeback - Bridgeport Islanders
- Sound Tigers Score Four Unanswered in Third Period to Beat Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. Hartford Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Albany Devils
- Defenseman Maxim Lamarche Reassigned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Albany Devils Add Kevin Rooney from Providence College - Albany Devils
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Forward Steven Fogarty - Hartford Wolf Pack
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears Roll Into Home Stretch - Hershey Bears
- Islanders Sign Schempp to Entry-Level Contract - Bridgeport Islanders
- Blue Jackets 2015 First Round Pick Defenseman Zach Werenski Signs ATO with Lake Erie - Cleveland Monsters
- Jarry Proves His Mettle Again, Penguins to Face Big Division Match-Ups - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canes Recall Derek Ryan from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Joel Vermin to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Charlotte - March 28 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids