Hall of Fame Inductions Set for Saturday
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators, in conjunction with the Binghamton Hockey Hall of Fame Committee, announced three 2016 inductees. Richard Grenier, Jean-Yves Roy and Justin Plamondon will be inducted into the Hall of Fame in a pregame ceremony Saturday, April 2, when the B-Sens host the Utica Comets.
Grenier, 63, played two seasons in Binghamton with the Dusters between 1977-1979. During his time in Binghamton, he averaged nearly a point-per-game with 140 points (83 goals and 57 assists) in 143 games played. Originally drafted by the New York Islanders in the 1972 National Hockey League Amateur Draft, the native of Montreal played 10 games with New York during the 1972-73 season where he notched a goal and an assist. His career in the American Hockey League began in the 1972-73 season where he recorded 39 points (19 goals, 20 assists) in 66 games during his rookie season.
Roy, 47, played in parts of three seasons with the Binghamton Rangers from 1992-1995. Over 181 regular season games with the Rangers, Roy recorded 95 goals and 170 total points while also notching 17 points (nine goals, eight assists) in 25 postseason contests. Following his time in Binghamton, the Quebec native played in 61 games in the NHL between the New York Rangers, Ottawa Senators and Boston Bruins tallying 12 goals and 16 assists. After his time in the NHL, Roy played throughout Europe finishing up his career after the 2005-06 season with the Cologne Sharks in Germany.
Plamondon, 39, played in all five seasons with the B.C. Icemen while also appearing in eight games with the Binghamton Senators during their inaugural season in 2002-03. Over 303 games with the Icemen, the Quebec City native accumulated 199 total points (67 goals, 132 assists) along with nine points (two goals, seven assists) in 26 playoff games. Plamondon retired following the 2005-06 season with the Pont Rouge Grand Portneuf of the now defunct Quebec Senior Central Hockey League.
Fans can purchase tickets by calling the B-Sens Executive Office Tuesday to Thursday from 9:00a.m. - 5:30p.m. or Friday and Saturday from 8:00a.m. - the game's second intermission. Fans can also purchase tickets through the Arena Box Office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2016
- Garret Ross Reinstated - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Fall 4-1 to Central Division-Leading Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Extend Division Lead in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Blow Away Condors, 5-1, to Sweep Season Series Lagace Stops 48 Shots in Net for Texas - Texas Stars
- Condors Fire 49 Shots in Loss to Texas - Bakersfield Condors
- Dustin Jeffrey Haunts Former Team in Penguins' 4-3 Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Can't Hold off Comets in Utica - Rochester Americans
- Albany Devils Clinch Spot in 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - Albany Devils
- IceCaps Blanked By Marlies 4-0 - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Storm Back for Crucial Win vs Amerks - Utica Comets
- Devils blank Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Falcons Continue Skid with Loss against Penguins - Springfield Falcons
- SJ Barracuda Continue Battle for Playoff Spot in West - San Jose Barracuda
- Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Heat - Stockton Heat
- Ritchie Reassigned to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Four Road Games Ahead for Grand Rapids this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens on Home Ice Friday & Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Condors Team Card Sets, LB Bobbleheads, and Hockey-Thon this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Bring up Robinson from ECHL, Return Owuya - Stockton Heat
- Syracuse Crunch Launch Game-Worn Jersey Auction - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Harvard Captain Criscuolo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly - Phantoms Prepare for Weekend Series at St. John's - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hall of Fame Inductions Set for Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Four third period goals fuel Bridgeport comeback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sound Tigers Score Four Unanswered in Third Period to Beat Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. Hartford Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Albany Devils
- Defenseman Maxim Lamarche Reassigned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Albany Devils Add Kevin Rooney from Providence College - Albany Devils
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Forward Steven Fogarty - Hartford Wolf Pack
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears Roll Into Home Stretch - Hershey Bears
- Islanders Sign Schempp to Entry-Level Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets 2015 First Round Pick Defenseman Zach Werenski Signs ATO with Lake Erie - Cleveland Monsters
- Jarry Proves His Mettle Again, Penguins to Face Big Division Match-Ups - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canes Recall Derek Ryan from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Joel Vermin to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Charlotte - March 28 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.