Griffins Sign Harvard Captain Criscuolo
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins on Tuesday signed forward Kyle Criscuolo (krihs-COO-loh) to an amateur tryout for the remainder of the 2015-16 season and to a standard player's contract for 2016-17.
A native of Southampton, N.J., Criscuolo played four seasons for the Harvard Crimson (ECAC), where he appeared in 124 games and tallied 113 points (53-60-113). He served as a two-time captain for the Crimson, becoming the fourth multi-year captain in the team's history and the first in nearly 70 years.
In his senior season, Criscuolo, 23, ranked third on the team in points (19-13-32) and second in goals (19) while helping lead the Crimson to their second straight NCAA Tournament appearance. He was named the ECAC Player of the Week on Jan. 26 after scoring the game-winning goals at Colgate and Cornell on Jan. 22-23.
Adding to his senior accolades, Criscuolo was a 2015-16 Hobey Baker award nominee and an ECAC Second Team All-League selection.
Off the ice at Harvard, Criscuolo majored in psychology while minoring in economics. He was a two-time recipient of the ECAC's Student-Athlete of the Year award - the first Harvard student-athlete to earn the award - as well as a finalist for the Hockey Humanitarian Award (2016) and the Senior CLASS Award (2016) and a two-time semifinalist for the Walter Brown Award (2015, 2016).
Prior to his collegiate career, the 5-foot-9, 175-pounder played in 59 games for Sioux City (USHL) and was named the team's Rookie of the Year as he accumulated 44 points (21-23-44) during the 2011-12 season.
The Griffins begin a four-game road trip at Milwaukee tonight at 8 p.m.
Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2. Single-game tickets for all home games are now available for purchase at all Star Tickets locations, including The Zone, online through griffinshockey.com, or by phone through Star Tickets at (800) 585-3737.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2016
- Garret Ross Reinstated - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Fall 4-1 to Central Division-Leading Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Extend Division Lead in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Blow Away Condors, 5-1, to Sweep Season Series Lagace Stops 48 Shots in Net for Texas - Texas Stars
- Condors Fire 49 Shots in Loss to Texas - Bakersfield Condors
- Dustin Jeffrey Haunts Former Team in Penguins' 4-3 Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Can't Hold off Comets in Utica - Rochester Americans
- Albany Devils Clinch Spot in 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - Albany Devils
- IceCaps Blanked By Marlies 4-0 - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Storm Back for Crucial Win vs Amerks - Utica Comets
- Devils blank Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Falcons Continue Skid with Loss against Penguins - Springfield Falcons
- SJ Barracuda Continue Battle for Playoff Spot in West - San Jose Barracuda
- Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Heat - Stockton Heat
- Ritchie Reassigned to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Four Road Games Ahead for Grand Rapids this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens on Home Ice Friday & Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Condors Team Card Sets, LB Bobbleheads, and Hockey-Thon this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Bring up Robinson from ECHL, Return Owuya - Stockton Heat
- Syracuse Crunch Launch Game-Worn Jersey Auction - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Harvard Captain Criscuolo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly - Phantoms Prepare for Weekend Series at St. John's - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hall of Fame Inductions Set for Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Four third period goals fuel Bridgeport comeback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sound Tigers Score Four Unanswered in Third Period to Beat Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. Hartford Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Albany Devils
- Defenseman Maxim Lamarche Reassigned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Albany Devils Add Kevin Rooney from Providence College - Albany Devils
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Forward Steven Fogarty - Hartford Wolf Pack
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears Roll Into Home Stretch - Hershey Bears
- Islanders Sign Schempp to Entry-Level Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets 2015 First Round Pick Defenseman Zach Werenski Signs ATO with Lake Erie - Cleveland Monsters
- Jarry Proves His Mettle Again, Penguins to Face Big Division Match-Ups - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canes Recall Derek Ryan from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Joel Vermin to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Charlotte - March 28 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Griffins Stories
- Detroit Assigns 11 to Grand Rapids
- Griffins to Return to Play in February
- Griffins to Ring in New Year in Detroit
- Griffins' Teddy Bear Toss & Holiday Drive Nets Sleighful for Local Charities
- Griffins and Versiti Blood Center to Host Blood Drive at Van Andel Arena on January 2