Griffins Fall 4-1 to Central Division-Leading Admirals
MILWAUKEE - The Grand Rapids Griffins dropped their fourth straight game, falling to the Central Division-leading Milwaukee Admirals 4-1 on Tuesday at BMO Harris Bradley Center.
After posting 55 goals during their 13-game winning streak, the Griffins have found the net just four times in as many contests. The result also extended the Admirals' point streak to seven consecutive games.
Vladislav Kamenev started the scoring on the power play for Milwaukee (42-21-3-2) with 4:14 remaining in the opening period. Taylor Aronson's pass from the point found Kamenev at the top of the right circle for a snapshot that deflected off the stick of Xavier Ouellet and between the pads of Jared Coreau.
Matt White added to the Admirals' lead 5:58 into the middle frame. As Aronson skated out of the right corner, he sent a pass to White alone in front for a quick shot past the blocker side.
Andy Miele got the Griffins (41-24-1-1) on the scoresheet with 11:40 left in the second. Mark Zengerle's feed from the top of the right circle reached Miele at the left circle, beating Juuse Saros with a wrist shot high to the glove side for his 15th of the campaign.
Stefan Elliott restored Milwaukee's two-goal advantage 27 seconds into the third. Elliott worked his way down from the left point, moving around Eric Tangradi to get to the bottom of the left circle before placing a shot inside the far post.
Max Reinhart made it a three-goal cushion 1:12 later. Pontus Aberg lifted Martin Frk's stick at the right point, with the puck ending up on Reinhart's stick at center ice for a breakaway. Reinhart moved from forehand to backhand, lifting the puck over Coreau's glove and in.
The Admirals finished 1-for-7 on the power play, while Grand Rapids was unable to convert on five opportunities. Saros stopped 28 of 29 shots for his 24th win of the season, while Coreau turned aside 24 of 28 shots in defeat.
The Griffins continue their four-game road trip with a three-in-three weekend beginning on Friday against the Rochester Americans. Puck drop from Blue Cross Arena is set for 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2016
- Garret Ross Reinstated - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Fall 4-1 to Central Division-Leading Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Extend Division Lead in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Blow Away Condors, 5-1, to Sweep Season Series Lagace Stops 48 Shots in Net for Texas - Texas Stars
- Condors Fire 49 Shots in Loss to Texas - Bakersfield Condors
- Dustin Jeffrey Haunts Former Team in Penguins' 4-3 Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Can't Hold off Comets in Utica - Rochester Americans
- Albany Devils Clinch Spot in 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - Albany Devils
- IceCaps Blanked By Marlies 4-0 - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Storm Back for Crucial Win vs Amerks - Utica Comets
- Devils blank Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Falcons Continue Skid with Loss against Penguins - Springfield Falcons
- SJ Barracuda Continue Battle for Playoff Spot in West - San Jose Barracuda
- Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Heat - Stockton Heat
- Ritchie Reassigned to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Four Road Games Ahead for Grand Rapids this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens on Home Ice Friday & Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Condors Team Card Sets, LB Bobbleheads, and Hockey-Thon this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Bring up Robinson from ECHL, Return Owuya - Stockton Heat
- Syracuse Crunch Launch Game-Worn Jersey Auction - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Harvard Captain Criscuolo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly - Phantoms Prepare for Weekend Series at St. John's - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hall of Fame Inductions Set for Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Four third period goals fuel Bridgeport comeback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sound Tigers Score Four Unanswered in Third Period to Beat Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. Hartford Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Albany Devils
- Defenseman Maxim Lamarche Reassigned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Albany Devils Add Kevin Rooney from Providence College - Albany Devils
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Forward Steven Fogarty - Hartford Wolf Pack
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears Roll Into Home Stretch - Hershey Bears
- Islanders Sign Schempp to Entry-Level Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets 2015 First Round Pick Defenseman Zach Werenski Signs ATO with Lake Erie - Cleveland Monsters
- Jarry Proves His Mettle Again, Penguins to Face Big Division Match-Ups - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canes Recall Derek Ryan from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Joel Vermin to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Charlotte - March 28 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.