Heat Bring up Robinson from ECHL, Return Owuya
Stockton, Calif. - The Stockton Heat, proudly owned by the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League, announce that goaltender Josh Robinson has been signed to a professional tryout contract from the Missouri Mavericks of the ECHL while returning Mark Owuya to the Utah Grizzlies of the ECHL.
Robinson, 26, is one of the top goaltenders in the ECHL this season, leading the league with a 1.84 goals-against-average and a .930 save-percentage while ranking second in the league in wins with 27. He's won the ECHL Goalie of the Month award twice and the ECHL Goalie of the Week award once this season.
In fact, Robinson, who's Mavericks are the top team in the ECHL with a 50-11-5 record, has only dropped one game in regulation and one game in a shootout this season. The U.S. born goaltender has already spent time in the AHL this season on a PTO with the Springfield Falcons, appearing in 3 games, while having also appeared in 15 games with the Texas Stars back in 2013-14, part of the Stars Calder Cup Championship team.
JOSH ROBINSON (G)
BORN: Frankenmuth, MI DATE: December 1, 1989
HEIGHT: 6'0" WEIGHT: 185 lbs.
HOW ACQUIRED: Signed pro tryout with the Stockton Heat on March 29, 2016
The Heat have six regular-season games remaining at Stockton Arena, including tomorrow, March 30 against the San Diego Gulls and a date with the Ontario Reign on Friday, April 1.
Wednesday is Kevin Poulin oversized trading card giveaway night, where the first 1,000 fans in the stands will pick up an 8 x 10 trading card featuring the Heat goaltender while Friday sees another goalie giveaway as the first 500 kids 12-years-old and younger are set to receive a bobblehead featuring one of Calgary's top prospects, goaltender Jon Gillies, who earlier this year picked up his first pro win with the Stockton Heat, and his first pro shutout, in the Opening Night 7-0 Heat win over the Rockford IceHogs.
For tickets call 209.373.1500 or visit StocktonHeat.com to purchase yours today!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2016
- Garret Ross Reinstated - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Fall 4-1 to Central Division-Leading Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Extend Division Lead in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Blow Away Condors, 5-1, to Sweep Season Series Lagace Stops 48 Shots in Net for Texas - Texas Stars
- Condors Fire 49 Shots in Loss to Texas - Bakersfield Condors
- Dustin Jeffrey Haunts Former Team in Penguins' 4-3 Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Can't Hold off Comets in Utica - Rochester Americans
- Albany Devils Clinch Spot in 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - Albany Devils
- IceCaps Blanked By Marlies 4-0 - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Storm Back for Crucial Win vs Amerks - Utica Comets
- Devils blank Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Falcons Continue Skid with Loss against Penguins - Springfield Falcons
- SJ Barracuda Continue Battle for Playoff Spot in West - San Jose Barracuda
- Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Heat - Stockton Heat
- Ritchie Reassigned to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Four Road Games Ahead for Grand Rapids this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens on Home Ice Friday & Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Condors Team Card Sets, LB Bobbleheads, and Hockey-Thon this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Bring up Robinson from ECHL, Return Owuya - Stockton Heat
- Syracuse Crunch Launch Game-Worn Jersey Auction - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Harvard Captain Criscuolo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly - Phantoms Prepare for Weekend Series at St. John's - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hall of Fame Inductions Set for Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Four third period goals fuel Bridgeport comeback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sound Tigers Score Four Unanswered in Third Period to Beat Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. Hartford Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Albany Devils
- Defenseman Maxim Lamarche Reassigned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Albany Devils Add Kevin Rooney from Providence College - Albany Devils
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Forward Steven Fogarty - Hartford Wolf Pack
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears Roll Into Home Stretch - Hershey Bears
- Islanders Sign Schempp to Entry-Level Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets 2015 First Round Pick Defenseman Zach Werenski Signs ATO with Lake Erie - Cleveland Monsters
- Jarry Proves His Mettle Again, Penguins to Face Big Division Match-Ups - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canes Recall Derek Ryan from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Joel Vermin to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Charlotte - March 28 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.