Royals Weekly Report: 4 Games in Canada this Week
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals finished a season-long, six-game homestand with a 4-1-1-0 mark, holding its spot atop the conference (13-5-3-0, 29 pts.) entering a four-game Canadian road trip vs. the Newfoundland Growlers and Brampton Beast. Reading faces third-place Newfoundland (13-8-0-0, 26 pts.) Tuesday and Wednesday and second-place Brampton (13-6-1-0, 27 pts.) Saturday and Sunday. The Royals are 8-2-3-0 against North Division foes this season including four wins in seven games against the Growlers. The Royals have not played Brampton this season.
Reading is next at home Dec. 13-14 vs. Brampton. For Cyber Monday, purchase discounted $13 tickets to either game here.
The Royals are home three times in December, twice vs. Brampton and Dec. 31 vs. Maine.
G Kirill Ustimenko earned his conference-best eighth win (39 saves) against Toledo, 4-2, on Sat., Nov. 29 at Santander Arena. He has earned an 8-1-3-0 record through his 14 games with the Royals.
Reading has scored the first goal 14 times this season, tied for best in the league.
F Frank DiChiara (10g, 23 pts.) ranks top-10 in the ECHL point count after notching two goals and one assist over the weekend against Toledo. He has recorded eight points (2g, 5a) in five games and is riding his second five-game point streak of the season.
Reading's power play scored Saturday and ranks eighth in the ECHL at 20.8%.
F Ralph Cuddemi (17g, 13a) tied a career-best 10-game point streak Saturday and is even with Rapid City forward Peter Quenneville for the league lead in points (30). Cuddemi is holding a four-goal lead for the ECHL lead in strikes.
Upcoming Home Games
Friday, Dec. 13 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Brampton (Star Wars Night): Character Appearances | Lightsaber Training Session | Free Souvenir Cup Refills | Postgame Party with players at Cheers! Restaurant at the DoubleTree Hotel.
Saturday, Dec. 14 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Brampton (Affiliation Night) Toss Bears on the ice after the Royals' first goal | Plush Bear giveaway to first 1,500 fans | Slapshot invites local mascots including Flyers Mascot Gritty to the game | Gritty Meet and Greet Add-Ons Available | Philadelphia Flyers Theme Affiliation Jerseys - Game Worn Jersey Auction Online | $1 Frozen Treats
Weekly Schedule - Promotions at Royalshockey.com/promotions
Dec. 3 at Newfoundland, 5:30 p.m.
Dec. 4 at Newfoundland, 5:30 p.m.
Dec. 7 at Brampton, 7:15 p.m.
Dec. 8 at Brampton, 2:00 p.m.
13-5-3-0, 29 pts., 1st North
Reading - 29 points
Brampton - 27 points
Newfoundland - 26 points
Adirondack - 22 points
Maine - 17 points
Worcester - 11 points
Nov. 22 at NFD: W, 5-3
Nov. 23 at NFD: OTL, 4-3
Nov. 24 at NFD: W, 7-2
Regular season team leaders
Goals: Ralph Cuddemi (17)
Assists: Eric Knodel (14)
Points: Ralph Cuddemi (30)
PIM: Garrett Mitchell (43)
+/-: Eric Knodel (+13)
Monday -Practice in Newfoundland
Tuesday - Game at Newfoundland, 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday - Game at Newfoundland, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday - Travel to Brampton
Friday - Practice in Brampton
Saturday - Game at Brampton, 7:15 p.m.
Sunday - Game at Brampton, 2:00 p.m.
Monday - OFF Day
Single-game tickets and mini-plans are on sale by visiting royalshockey.com/promotions, calling 610-898-7825 and visiting Santander Arena and The Weidenhammer Box Office at 700 Penn Street, Reading, PA.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2019
- Langan Completes Solar Bears Comeback against Stingrays in 4-3 OT Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rays Come up Short to Orlando in OT - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Weekly: Bring Your Teddy to the Game - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Admirals Acquire Former 1st-Round Pick Phillips from Worcester - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans Rookie Plus Performer for November - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Roe Shares Honor as ECHL's AMI Graphics Plus Performer of Month - Florida Everblades
- Allen's Sadek, Florida's Roe Share AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - December 2, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Wednesday's Game at Rapid City Postponed - Wichita Thunder
- Cam Maclise Loaned to AHL's Chicago Wolves - Florida Everblades
- Wednesday's Game vs Thunder Postponed - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Weekly, December 2 - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 8 (November 25 - December 2, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday: KC Makes Headway with Weekend Sweep in Wichita - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets Push Win Streak to Five Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Weekly Report: 4 Games in Canada this Week - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Completes Successful 4-1 Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Teddy Bear Toss this Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of December 2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Weekly: Calling All Teddy Bears - Maine Mariners
- Frechette Named Honig's/ECHL Official of the Month - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Reading Royals Announce First-Ever Virtual Pink in the Rink Game Presented by Met-Ed
- Reading Royals Proudly Announce 20 Recipient Businesses of Its Royals20for20 Small Business Stimulus Plan
- Reading Royals Announce Royals20for20 Small Business Stimulus Campaign
- Reading Royals Introduce FanSaves App to Connect Their Fans and Sponsors
- Reading Royals and Met-Ed Announce Joint Volunteer & Community Engagement Initiatives for 2020-2021