Thunder Weekly, December 2
WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita faced the Tulsa Oilers and Kansas City Mavericks this past week. Take a look back at how the team fared in this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Wednesday, November 27
Tulsa at Wichita, 7-2 L
Saturday, November 30
Kansas City at Wichita, 4-3 L (OT)
Sunday, December 1
Kansas City at Wichita, 6-2 L
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Friday, December 6
Wichita at Kansas City, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
Saturday, December 7
Tulsa at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
-Military Appreciation Night. Buy tickets here.
Sunday, December 8
Kansas City at Wichita, 4:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
-Customer Appreciation Night. Buy tickets here.
**All games can be heard on www.wichitathunder.com or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App using the keyword The Sin Bin**
**Join Matthew Harding and Matthew Will before every game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:20 p.m. for every game except Sunday home games, which starts at 3:20 p.m. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 3-5-2-0
Rank: 4th, Mountain Division, 23 points
Goals: Chris Crane, 9
Assists: Patrik Parkkonen, 13
Points: Chris Crane, 14
+/-: Peter Crinella, +5
PIM: Stefan Fournier, 37
LAST WEEK -
Wednesday, November 27 vs. Tulsa, 7-2 L
Wichita returned home on Wednesday to begin the holiday week against the Tulsa Oilers. Tulsa scored three in both the second and the third to pull away with a 7-2 win. Peter Crinella and Spencer Dorowicz scored for the Thunder.
Friday, November 29 vs. Kansas City. postponed
Kansas City got off to a good start when C.J. Eick scored early in the first. Cameron Hebig answered two minutes later to tie the game at one. The contest was postponed with 13:31 left in the opening frame due to unplayable ice conditions. The game was moved to Sunday.
Saturday, November 30 vs. Kansas City, 4-3 L (OT)
Ostap Safin gave Wichita a 1-0 lead just two minutes into the game and the teddy bears came flying onto the ice. Ryan Van Stralen scored the next two for the Mavericks to grab their first lead of the game. After Kansas City added a third in the second, Wichita tied the game with just over a minute remaining in regulation with a goal from Beau Starrett. Zach Osburn recorded the game-winner at 2:35 of overtime to give the Mavericks the victory.
Sunday, December 1 vs. Kansas City, 6-2 L
With the game tied at one heading into Sunday, Ryan Van Stralen continued his hot play against his former team as he potted back-to-back goals in the first. Kansas City tallied five markers in the opening frame en route to a 6-2 win.
GILLY GILLY - Mitch Gillam continues to be a workhorse for the Thunder. He leads the league in minutes played (928), saves (549) and is tied for fifth with 7 wins.
BEAU KNOWS - Beau Starrett finished the month of November with 10 points (6g, 4a). The rookie out of Cornell has three goals in his last four games, points in 10 of his last 13 and is tied for 7th in the league for goals scored by a rookie with 8.
NOVEMBER RAIN - Spencer Dorowicz also had a hot month of November for the Thunder. The second-year forward out of Robert Morris finished with 13 points (7g, 6a). He had a four-game point streak snapped on Sunday. Dorowicz needs one point to set a new career-high in points.
400 CLUB - Riley Weselowski played in his 400th ECHL game this past weekend. The Thunder captain is in his first year in a Wichita uniform. He's played in 675 games as a pro, including 274 in the now-defunct Central Hockey League.
MILESTONES - Bruce Ramsay is approaching a milestone. He is nearing 800 games behind the bench as a pro coach.
CLIMBING MOUNTAINS - Wichita is in a busy stretch of games against the Mountain Division. In fact, the Thunder will play divisional opponents for the next three months and will not see a team outside the Mountain until a trip to Fort Wayne on March 11.
THUNDERBOLTS... Chris Crane is fifth in the league with 4 power play goals...Patrik Parkkonen is tied for 5th among defensemen with 13 helpers and 10th in scoring among blueliners (13 points)...Wichita is 5-2-2-0 when leading after one...Wichita is 5-0-0-0 when leading after two...Wichita is 4-5-3 when trailing after one...Wichita is 5-0-5-0 in one-goal games...
The Thunder are excited to be the host of the 2020 Warrior Hockey/ECHL All-Star Classic, presented by Toyota, on Wednesday January 22, 2020. Get your tickets now for the league's annual showcase that features some of the best young talent across the ECHL.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $34 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2019
- Langan Completes Solar Bears Comeback against Stingrays in 4-3 OT Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rays Come up Short to Orlando in OT - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Weekly: Bring Your Teddy to the Game - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Admirals Acquire Former 1st-Round Pick Phillips from Worcester - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans Rookie Plus Performer for November - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Roe Shares Honor as ECHL's AMI Graphics Plus Performer of Month - Florida Everblades
- Allen's Sadek, Florida's Roe Share AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - December 2, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Wednesday's Game at Rapid City Postponed - Wichita Thunder
- Cam Maclise Loaned to AHL's Chicago Wolves - Florida Everblades
- Wednesday's Game vs Thunder Postponed - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Weekly, December 2 - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 8 (November 25 - December 2, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday: KC Makes Headway with Weekend Sweep in Wichita - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets Push Win Streak to Five Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Weekly Report: 4 Games in Canada this Week - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Completes Successful 4-1 Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Teddy Bear Toss this Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of December 2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Weekly: Calling All Teddy Bears - Maine Mariners
- Frechette Named Honig's/ECHL Official of the Month - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.