Admirals Acquire Former 1st-Round Pick Phillips from Worcester
NORFOLK, VA - The Norfolk Admirals of the ECHL announced today they have acquired forward Zack Phillips in a trade from the Worcester Railers.
Phillips, 6'0, 194lbs, joins the Admirals after starting the season with the Toledo Walleye. He played in 12 games with Toledo before being released on November 25. Phillips then signed with Worcester and wound up playing in just two games.
After splitting time in the AHL and ECHL in 2015-16, the Fredericton, NB (CAN) native spent the next three seasons playing overseas in Sweden, England and Hungary.
Phillips was a QMJHL standout with the Saint Johns Sea Dogs, winning two championships and pulling in 219 points in 192 total games. The 27-year old was drafted in the first-round (#28 overall) by the Minnesota Wild in the 2011 NHL Draft. He then spent five seasons in the AHL, scoring a grand total of 100 points in 260 games.
The Admirals are back in action at Norfolk Scope on Friday and Saturday of this week against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits. Friday's theme is Nickelodeon Night, while Saturday night will be Star Wars Night. Tickets are available for purchase via the Norfolk Scope Box Office or Ticketmaster.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2019
- Langan Completes Solar Bears Comeback against Stingrays in 4-3 OT Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rays Come up Short to Orlando in OT - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Weekly: Bring Your Teddy to the Game - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Admirals Acquire Former 1st-Round Pick Phillips from Worcester - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans Rookie Plus Performer for November - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Roe Shares Honor as ECHL's AMI Graphics Plus Performer of Month - Florida Everblades
- Allen's Sadek, Florida's Roe Share AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - December 2, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Wednesday's Game at Rapid City Postponed - Wichita Thunder
- Cam Maclise Loaned to AHL's Chicago Wolves - Florida Everblades
- Wednesday's Game vs Thunder Postponed - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Weekly, December 2 - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 8 (November 25 - December 2, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday: KC Makes Headway with Weekend Sweep in Wichita - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets Push Win Streak to Five Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Weekly Report: 4 Games in Canada this Week - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Completes Successful 4-1 Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Teddy Bear Toss this Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of December 2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Weekly: Calling All Teddy Bears - Maine Mariners
- Frechette Named Honig's/ECHL Official of the Month - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Admirals Come from Behind to Defeat Stingrays 5-4
- Whalers-Generals Kick off Triple Header at Norfolk Scope on Jan 25th
- Forward Shawn McBride Loaned Back to Norfolk from Hartford
- Annual Teddy Bear Toss December 14th
- Strong Start Not Enough as Rabbits Squeak by Admirals