Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 2
Tulsa wins matchups against Allen and Wichita before hosting Fort Wayne and traveling back to Wichita
OVERALL RECORD: 9-12-2-0 (20 points, 5th in Mountain Division)
LAST WEEK: 2-1-0-0
Wednesday, Nov. 27 -Tulsa 7, Wichita 2 (INTRUST Bank Arena - Wichita, KS) | Box Score
>> Wichita, KS - The Oilers defeated Wichita by a score of 7-2 at INTRUST Bank Arena on Wednesday, the night before Thanksgiving. Miles Liberati, who returned from an injury that kept him out since Nov. 15, opened the scoring 12:51 into the game, ripping the puck from the top of the left circle. Adam Pleskach extended the Oilers lead to 2-0, tipping a Jake Clifford point shot past Mitch Gillam just 2:39 into the middle frame. Brent Gates Jr. added to the lead, bringing the game to 3-0, stuffing a short-side goal over Gillam's shoulder and underneath the crossbar. Gates followed up with his second of the game 5:24 later, depositing the puck in the back of the net from the top of the crease at the 17:54 mark. Peter Crinella answered with his third of the season, bringing the score to 4-1 with 54 seconds left in the second period. Jared Thomas restored the Tulsa four-goal lead, with number 22 scoring at the 2:22 mark of the final frame after a Dakota Joshua forced turnover. Spencer Dorowicz roofed the puck at the 6:19 mark of the third period, scoring a goal on the game's first power play, and bringing the score to 5-2. Pleskach answered with his own power play tally 6:18 later, burying his second of the night off a net-front feed from Josh Wesley. Danny Moynihan closed out the scoring at the 14:03 mark, extending his goal streak to three games, roofing a backhander and giving Theo Calvas his first point as an Oiler.
Saturday, Nov. 30- Allen 6, Tulsa 3 (BOK Center - Tulsa, OK) Box Score
>> Tulsa, OK - The Tulsa Oilers dropped their third game of the season against the Allen Americans by a score of 6-3 at the BOK Center on Saturday. Danny Moynihan extended his goal streak to four games with the first shot of the game, 34 seconds into the contest, with a back-door backhander past Zach Sawchenko. Alex Guptill retaliated 9:11 later with an in-tight finish over Olle Eriksson Ek, courtesy of a toe drag through the right circle. Josh Wesley answered quickly at the 10:48 mark, knocking a Danny Moynihan feed from the left wing wall past Sawchenko. Josh Brittain pulled things even with a deflection that came on a four-on-four at the 12:36 mark of the period. Cam Knight gave the Oilers their third lead of the night, scoring his fourth of the season off a point shot at the 18:59 mark of the opening frame. Jack Sadek replied, tying the game 17 seconds later with a highlight-reel bar down goal on a backhander. Brittain gave Allen their first lead of the game, scoring off a deflection with 18 seconds left in the first period. Allen seized the momentum early in the middle frame, with Corey Durocher scoring his first of the season on the first shot of the second period, roofing the puck over Devin Williams. Durocher followed up with his second of the season, linking up with former Maverick teammate Jared Vanwormer 32 seconds before the midway point of the game. Neither team found the back of the net in the final half of the game, giving Allen a 6-3 victory and a 3-0 series lead for the 2019-20 season.
Sunday, Dec. 1 - Allen 2, Tulsa 5 BOK Center - Tulsa, OK)| Box Score
>> Tulsa, OK - The Tulsa Oilers won their first matchup against the Americans this season, defeating Allen 5-2 at the BOK Center on Sunday. Tyler Sheehy opened the scoring 4:52 in, working his way to the back door after a hard hit in the corner, and popping a puck past Devin Williams' blocker. Gabriel Gagne extended the Americans lead 7:34 into the middle period with a power play goal that gave Olivier Archambault his second assist on the night. Josh Wesley answered with a power play goal of his own - his fourth goal on the man advantage this season - blasting the puck from the point past Jake Paterson. Dakota Joshua evened things up at the 14:27 mark, pulling the puck in close to his body before snapping it through Paterson and in the back of the cage. Wesley scored 2:54 into the final period, corralling a rebound from the back door step and past the goal line, giving the Oilers their first lead of the night. Joshua joined the two-goal club, finishing a cross-crease feed from Ian McNulty 12:16 into third frame. Cam Knight compounded the Tulsa lead, receiving an automatic goal when he was hauled down on a breakaway toward the empty net. Tulsa went two-for-four on the man advantage, finishing the night 50 percent on the power play. Devin Williams stopped 27 of 29 shots in the contest, and the Oilers won their first game of the 2019-20 campaign against Mountain-Division rival Allen, beginning the final month of 2019 with a win.
THE WEEK AHEAD (all times CST)
Friday Dec. 6 - Fort Wayne AT Tulsa 7:05 p.m. - BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)
Saturday Dec. 7 -Tulsa AT Wichita 7:05 p.m. - INTRUST Bank Arena (Wichita, KS)
- J.J. Piccinich was recalled from loan by the San Antonio Rampage on Nov. 29
- Tulsa has won back-to-back games at INTRUST Bank Arena by a score of 7-2
- The Oilers were 50 percent or greater on the man advantage twice in the past week (both wins).
. Josh Wesley is on a three-game point streak, posting five points over that span. He also leads all blue liners with six goals and 80 shots.
. Miles Liberati posted five points in three games after returning from injury on Wednesday against Wichita.
. The Oilers are tied with Norfolk for most games played this season with 23.
. Brent Gates, Dakota Joshua and Robby Jackson rank first, second and third in shots by rookies, respectively.
- Tulsa leads the ECHL in shots/game for the third-straight week, recording 37.96 per game.
- The Oilers are 5-0-1-0 when leading at the end of the first period.
. Tulsa has not won a REGULATION game when allowing three goals or more, and are 1-10-2 when allowing three or more.
. The Oilers are undefeated, 5-0-0-0 when scoring five or more goals this season, but are 2-3-0-0 when scoring four goals.
. Tulsa is 2-0-1-0 when scoring power play goals over the last two weeks. The Oilers are 0-3-0-0 when not scoring a power play goal in that same span.
. The Oilers have struggled when tied after the opening frame, going 2-6-1-0, but have been excellent when entering the final period knotted up, achieving a 4-2-0-0 record.
POINTS: 17- Adam Pleskach
GOALS: 9 -Danny Moynihan
ASSISTS: 13- Adam Pleskach
PLUS/MINUS: +9 - Charlie Sampair
PIMS: 53 - Mike McKee
PP GOALS: 4 - Josh Wesley
SH GOALS: 1- Jared Thomas
GW GOALS: 2 - Miles Liberati
SHOTS: 83- Adam Pleskach
WINS: 6 - Devin Williams
GAA: 2.43 - Devin Williams
SAVE %: .913- Devin Williams
* - Among active players
POWER PLAY: Overall -13/87 (14.9%) - 17th in the ECHL
Last Week - 3/9 (33.3%)
PENALTY KILL: Overall - 78/97 (80.4%) - 16th in the ECHL
Last Week - 10/12 (84.6%)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2019
- Langan Completes Solar Bears Comeback against Stingrays in 4-3 OT Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rays Come up Short to Orlando in OT - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Weekly: Bring Your Teddy to the Game - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Admirals Acquire Former 1st-Round Pick Phillips from Worcester - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans Rookie Plus Performer for November - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Roe Shares Honor as ECHL's AMI Graphics Plus Performer of Month - Florida Everblades
- Allen's Sadek, Florida's Roe Share AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - December 2, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Wednesday's Game at Rapid City Postponed - Wichita Thunder
- Cam Maclise Loaned to AHL's Chicago Wolves - Florida Everblades
- Wednesday's Game vs Thunder Postponed - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Weekly, December 2 - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 8 (November 25 - December 2, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday: KC Makes Headway with Weekend Sweep in Wichita - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets Push Win Streak to Five Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Weekly Report: 4 Games in Canada this Week - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Completes Successful 4-1 Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Teddy Bear Toss this Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of December 2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Weekly: Calling All Teddy Bears - Maine Mariners
- Frechette Named Honig's/ECHL Official of the Month - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.