Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears vs. South Carolina Stingrays
VENUE: Jewett Orthopaedic Rink at Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
DATE: Monday, Dec. 2 at 7 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Facebook, Mixlr, TuneIn and Lightning Power Play
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (5-9-3-1) take on the South Carolina Stingrays (14-2-0-0) for the fifth time out of 12 total meetings this season. Orlando is still looking for its first win against South Carolina this season, as the Stingrays currently lead the South Division with 28 points and boast the ECHL's top road record (10-1-0-0).
LODGE COMING OFF FIRST APPEARANCE IN OVER A YEAR: Forward Jimmy Lodge his first game with the Solar Bears on Saturday, marking his first pro action since April 7, 2018 when he suited up for the Jacksonville Icemen and led Jacksonville that season with 32 assists and posted 50 total points. The forward missed the first 17 games of the season for Orlando after beginning the 2019-20 campaign on the injured reserve list.
SHOT TOTALS INCREASING: Saturday's loss to South Carolina represented the first time this season that Orlando had recorded 30 or more shots in back-to-back games. Over their past four games, the Solar Bears have also averaged 32.25 shots per game, which would rank them 10th in the ECHL.
DONAGHEY'S NEXT POINT GIVES HIM 50 WITH ORLANDO: Cody Donaghey's next point will give him his 50th career point with the Solar Bears. The third-year pro has 49 points (16g-33a) in 82 career games with Orlando. Should he reach 50 points tonight, he would tie Blake Kessel for the fifth-most points by a defenseman in team history.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT: Defenseman Tom Parisi is expected to return to the Stingrays after he was released from a try-out with the AHL's Belleville Senators on Sunday. Parisi has 12 points (5g-7a) in 13 games with South Carolina this season.
The Solar Bears host the Jacksonville Icemen on Thursday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m. for a Thirsty Thursday, presented by Coors Light - fans can take advantage of $5 domestic draft beers during the game. Orlando squares off against the Atlanta Gladiators for the first time this season later this week in a pair of games on Friday, Dec. 6 and Saturday, Dec. 7. Saturday's game is also our annual Teddy Bear Toss game - fans are encouraged to bring new or gently used teddy bears or stuffed animals to be thrown onto the ice when the Solar Bears score their first goal of the game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2019
- Langan Completes Solar Bears Comeback against Stingrays in 4-3 OT Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rays Come up Short to Orlando in OT - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Weekly: Bring Your Teddy to the Game - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Admirals Acquire Former 1st-Round Pick Phillips from Worcester - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans Rookie Plus Performer for November - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Roe Shares Honor as ECHL's AMI Graphics Plus Performer of Month - Florida Everblades
- Allen's Sadek, Florida's Roe Share AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - December 2, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Wednesday's Game at Rapid City Postponed - Wichita Thunder
- Cam Maclise Loaned to AHL's Chicago Wolves - Florida Everblades
- Wednesday's Game vs Thunder Postponed - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Weekly, December 2 - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 8 (November 25 - December 2, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday: KC Makes Headway with Weekend Sweep in Wichita - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets Push Win Streak to Five Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Weekly Report: 4 Games in Canada this Week - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Completes Successful 4-1 Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Teddy Bear Toss this Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of December 2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Weekly: Calling All Teddy Bears - Maine Mariners
- Frechette Named Honig's/ECHL Official of the Month - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.