Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 8 (November 25 - December 2, 2019)
INDY FUEL WEEK 7 RESULTS: 2-1-0-0, 8-11-0-0 Overall, 5th Central Division
Wednesday, November 27 - Fuel 2 at Adirondack 4:
In the first game of a three-game road trip, the Indy Fuel faced the Adirondack Thunder for the first time in franchise history. Jumping out to an early 2-0 lead, the Thunder would eventually double their lead, putting up two more goals in the second and third periods. Indy saw goals from Dylan McLaughlin and Derian Plouffe but would eventually come up short, falling 4-2 on Wednesday night.
Friday, November 29 - Fuel 6 at Maine 0:
The Indy Fuel took down the Maine Mariners and snapped their seven-game losing streak in tonight's 6-0 victory on the road. The Fuel had a strong performance from the special teams, going 3-for-4 on the power play and perfect on the penalty kill. Goaltender Chase Marchand also notched his first professional shutout tonight, stopping all 31 shots he faced.
Saturday, November 30 - Fuel 4 at Worcester 2:
The Indy Fuel picked up their second win of the weekend on the final game of a three-game road trip over the Worcester Railers. Seeing goals from Dyland McLaughlin, Mat Thompson, Bobby MacIntyre and Michael Doherty, Indy turned their seven-game losing streak into a two-game winning streak on Saturday. Grabbing four points on the weekend, Indy brought their overall points total to 16 points in 19 games.
INDY FUEL WEEK 8 SCHEDULE:
Tuesday, December 3 - Fuel vs Cincinnati (7:05 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
After spending Thanksgiving on the road, Indy returns home for two weekday matchups with the Cincinnati Cyclones. Tuesday night will be the first time Indy has met Cincinnati since falling on the road to them on November 23.
Thursday, December 5 - Fuel vs Cincinnati (7:05 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
In keeping with the Central Division weekday matchups, the Fuel will finish off the week with a second game against the Cyclones before heading into a rare off weekend. The last time the two teams played back-to-back games against one another, it was Opening Weekend at Indiana Farmers Coliseum where Indy split the games with the Cyclones.
Scoring two goals and three assists on East Coast trip, Spencer Watson is riding an eight game point streak (3g, 8a)
Watson also sits eighth in the league in points 10g, 13a in 19 games.
Picking up a goal and three assists, Nathan Noel had a point in all three games during Indy's road trip
Jay Dickman scored his first professional goal on Friday against Maine
Stopping 31 shots on Friday, Chase Marchand picked up his first professional shutout
Dmitry Osipov scored his first goal of the season on Friday night
Dylan McLaughlin has 11 points in 10 games with the Fuel as well as 3g, 3a in his last five games
Indy snapped a seven game losing streak on Friday, beating Maine 6-0
The Fuel's road power play is currently the best in the league, scoring on 28% of their chances
Indy continues to be the least penalized team in the league, averaging 9.16 PIMs per game
13 out of Indy's 19 games played have come on the road, earning a 4-9-0-0 record
Seven out of Indy's next 12 games come at home where they've earned a 4-2-0-0 record
Playing 12 games in the month of December, 10 out of the 12 games will come against Central Division teams
After this past weekend, Indy will only travel outside of the Central Division once (Dec. 10 to Kansas City)
Single-Game tickets are now available for the entire 2019-20 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com.
Catch every home game this season with a free online stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the "Watch/Listen Live" button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through ECHL.TV!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2019
- Langan Completes Solar Bears Comeback against Stingrays in 4-3 OT Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rays Come up Short to Orlando in OT - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Weekly: Bring Your Teddy to the Game - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Admirals Acquire Former 1st-Round Pick Phillips from Worcester - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans Rookie Plus Performer for November - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Roe Shares Honor as ECHL's AMI Graphics Plus Performer of Month - Florida Everblades
- Allen's Sadek, Florida's Roe Share AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - December 2, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Wednesday's Game at Rapid City Postponed - Wichita Thunder
- Cam Maclise Loaned to AHL's Chicago Wolves - Florida Everblades
- Wednesday's Game vs Thunder Postponed - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Weekly, December 2 - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 8 (November 25 - December 2, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday: KC Makes Headway with Weekend Sweep in Wichita - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets Push Win Streak to Five Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Weekly Report: 4 Games in Canada this Week - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Completes Successful 4-1 Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Teddy Bear Toss this Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of December 2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Weekly: Calling All Teddy Bears - Maine Mariners
- Frechette Named Honig's/ECHL Official of the Month - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.