Ronald Roberts Jr. records career-high 21 rebounds in win
Raptors 905 forward Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded an NBA Development League career-high 21 rebounds and added a team-high 27 points to lead the Mississauga club to a 132-127 victory over the Delaware 87ers Friday night at Bob Carpenter Center in Newark, Delaware. The win extends Raptors 905's franchise-record winning streak to six games.
The 87ers dominated early, jumping out to a quick 10-point lead midway through the opening frame. Raptors 905 went on a 15-4 run in the latter half of the period to gain a brief lead, but trailed 34-30 after the first quarter. In the second quarter, the roles were reversed as Raptors 905 put together a 12-point advantage with three minutes to go in the period before the 87ers finished the half on a 14-7 run to get the game to within five at the break, 68-63. Between the two teams, seven players had double digits in points at halftime, highlighted by Roberts Jr., who had a double-double through two quarters with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
Delaware's Russ Smith had 15 of his club's 30 points in the third quarter as the 87ers drew one point closer to Raptors 905, but still trailed 97-93 after a back-and-forth period. Raptors 905 came out strong in the fourth quarter, growing its lead to 15 points with an early 13-0 run and hanging on for the victory from there.
Leading Raptors 905 offensively alongside Roberts Jr. were Scott Suggs (24), Axel Toupane (21), Greg Smith (17), Sim Bhullar (16) and Anthony Bennett (11). Shannon Scott added a game-high 11 assists. Defensively, Bhullar also contributed a game-high four blocked shots. Reaching double digits in points for the 87ers were Russ Smith (game-high 38), Ty Greene (24), Earl Clark (24), Rodney Carney (16) and Juwan Staten (11).
Raptors 905 led Delaware in field goal percentage (55.7-43.9), three-point percentage (40.0-33.3), points in the paint (74-50) and second-chance points (15-11), while the 87ers held the advantage in free throw percentage (90.9-72.7) and fast-break points (8-6).
Raptors 905 is back in action Saturday, January 30 when the club visits the Erie BayHawks at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 29, 2016
- Austin Spurs Edge Idaho Stampede, 93-85 - Idaho Stampede
- Austin Spurs Edge Idaho Stampede, 93-85 - Austin Spurs
- Fourth Quarter Run Propels Skyforce to Eleventh Straight Home - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Suffer Fourth Quarter Scorch from Sioux Falls Skyforce - Westchester Knicks
- Ronald Roberts Jr. records career-high 21 rebounds in win - Raptors 905
- Three-Point Shooting Lifts Red Claws over BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Red Claws Top BayHawks - Maine Red Claws
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Los Angeles D-Fenders - Erie BayHawks
- Elliot Williams Named 2016 NBA D-League All-Star - Santa Cruz Warriors
- D-Fenders Acquire Lazar Hayward and Michael Holyfield in Two Separate Trades - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Iowa Energy Acquire Zach Andrews and Two Draft Picks - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Acquire L.D. Williams - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Ronald Roberts Jr. Named to NBA D-League Eastern Conference All-Star Team - Raptors 905
- Fox Sports Southwest to Televise Four Austin Spurs Games - Austin Spurs
- Rakeem Christmas Named to the 2016 NBA D-League All-Start Game - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo Signs 10-Day Contract with New York Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Keith Appling Named 2016 NBA D-League All-Star - Erie BayHawks
- Xavier Munford Named NBA D-League All-Star - Bakersfield Jam
- Alex Stepheson Named 2016 NBA D-League All-Star - Iowa Wolves
- Green and Hunter Selected to 2015 NBA Development League All-Star Game - Reno Bighorns
- Kelley, Liggins and Stokes Selected as NBA D-League All-Stars - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Jimmer Fredette Selected to 2016 NBA Development League All-Star Team - Westchester Knicks
- Jordan Mickey Named NBA D-League All-Star - Maine Red Claws
- Blue, Harper Named to NBA Development League All-Star Game - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Sixteen NBA Veterans Headline Rosters for NBA Development League All-Star Game - G League
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Keith Bogans - Westchester Knicks
- Whittington Joins Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Rockets Recall Montrezl Harrell and K.J. McDaniels from Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Magic Sign Guard Keith Appling to Second 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Spurs Assign Ray McCallum to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Bighorns Outlast the Jam - Reno Bighorns
- Bakersfield Falls Short to Reno 138-135 - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Raptors 905 Stories
- Future Sport Lab Startups Showcase Innovation with Ryerson and MLSE Leaders
- Chris Boucher and Jordan Loyd Named to All-G League Team
- Chris Boucher Named the 2018-19 NBA G League Most Valuable Player and the 2018-19 NBA G League Defensive Player of the Year
- Raptors 905 Set to Face Grand Rapids in Round One
- Raptors 905 Claim Wade Baldwin IV