Kelley, Liggins and Stokes Selected as NBA D-League All-Stars
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The NBA Development League announced today that Tre Kelley, DeAndre Liggins and Miami HEAT assignee Jarnell Stokes have been selected to the Eastern Conference All-Star Team. The three All-Star nominations for the Skyforce, whose 21-4 record marks the best start in NBA D-League history, are the most All-Star selections for any team in the D-League this season.
Stokes has appeared in 14 games (all starts) for Sioux Falls and is averaging 20.4 points, 9.6 rebounds, 1.07 steals and 1.00 blocks. The Skyforce are 13-1 with him in uniform and his 67.6 field goal percentage (123-for-182) ranks first in the D-League. He was named D-League Performer of the Week for games played Monday, Dec. 28 through Sunday Jan. 3 after leading Sioux Falls to a perfect 3-0 week and averaging 22.3 points and 8.3 rebounds while shooting 75.7 percent (28-of-37) from the field and 91.7 percent (11-of-12) from the foul line. He was an All-NBA D-League Showcase Second Team selection, recording back-to-back double-doubles (24 points, 10 rebounds vs. Raptors 905 on Jan. 7 and 21 points, 12 rebounds on Jan. 9 vs Santa Cruz) and helping guide Sioux Falls to the D-League Showcase Championship.
Liggins has appeared in 19 games (all starts) for the Skyforce and is averaging 13.3 points, 7.5 rebounds and 6.7 assists. He currently ranks first in the D-League in steals per game (2.63), second in minutes per game (39.7) and third in assists per game (6.7). He was named D-League Performer of the Week for games played Monday, Dec. 21 through Sunday, Dec. 27 after averaging 17.3 points, 9.0 assists and 8.7 rebounds and leading Sioux Falls to a perfect 3-0 record during the week. He has recorded two of the five triple-doubles in the D-League this season with a 14-point, 15-assist, 10-rebound effort on Dec. 18 vs. Fort Wayne followed by a 14 point, 12-assist, 11-rebound outing on Dec. 27 vs. Fort Wayne. He has recorded at least one steal in all 19 of his games played this season, including 17 games with at least two steals and nine games with at least three steals.
Kelley has started all 25 games for Sioux Falls and is one of two Skyforce players to appear in every game this season. He is averaging 15.8 points, 5.6 assists and 1.52 steals and has scored in double figures in 24 of 25 games this season while leading the team in assists on 15 occasions. He made an NBA D-League career-high 14 free throws on 17 attempts as part of his season-high 29 points in the team's Jan. 19 overtime win vs. Iowa. He leads the team in total points (394), field goals made (143), assists (140) and minutes played (901) and ranks second in steals (38) and free throws made (80).
The Skyforce All-Star selections will be joined by head coach Dan Craig and his staff, who will be coaching the Eastern Conference All-Star squad on Saturday, Feb. 13. The All-Star Game will air live on NBA TV and NBA TV Canada at 2:00 ET from Toronto's Ricoh Coliseum.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 29, 2016
- Austin Spurs Edge Idaho Stampede, 93-85 - Idaho Stampede
- Austin Spurs Edge Idaho Stampede, 93-85 - Austin Spurs
- Fourth Quarter Run Propels Skyforce to Eleventh Straight Home - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Suffer Fourth Quarter Scorch from Sioux Falls Skyforce - Westchester Knicks
- Ronald Roberts Jr. records career-high 21 rebounds in win - Raptors 905
- Three-Point Shooting Lifts Red Claws over BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Red Claws Top BayHawks - Maine Red Claws
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Los Angeles D-Fenders - Erie BayHawks
- Elliot Williams Named 2016 NBA D-League All-Star - Santa Cruz Warriors
- D-Fenders Acquire Lazar Hayward and Michael Holyfield in Two Separate Trades - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Iowa Energy Acquire Zach Andrews and Two Draft Picks - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Acquire L.D. Williams - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Ronald Roberts Jr. Named to NBA D-League Eastern Conference All-Star Team - Raptors 905
- Fox Sports Southwest to Televise Four Austin Spurs Games - Austin Spurs
- Rakeem Christmas Named to the 2016 NBA D-League All-Start Game - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo Signs 10-Day Contract with New York Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Keith Appling Named 2016 NBA D-League All-Star - Erie BayHawks
- Xavier Munford Named NBA D-League All-Star - Bakersfield Jam
- Alex Stepheson Named 2016 NBA D-League All-Star - Iowa Wolves
- Green and Hunter Selected to 2015 NBA Development League All-Star Game - Reno Bighorns
- Kelley, Liggins and Stokes Selected as NBA D-League All-Stars - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Jimmer Fredette Selected to 2016 NBA Development League All-Star Team - Westchester Knicks
- Jordan Mickey Named NBA D-League All-Star - Maine Red Claws
- Blue, Harper Named to NBA Development League All-Star Game - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Sixteen NBA Veterans Headline Rosters for NBA Development League All-Star Game - G League
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Keith Bogans - Westchester Knicks
- Whittington Joins Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Rockets Recall Montrezl Harrell and K.J. McDaniels from Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Magic Sign Guard Keith Appling to Second 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Spurs Assign Ray McCallum to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Bighorns Outlast the Jam - Reno Bighorns
- Bakersfield Falls Short to Reno 138-135 - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Skyforce, Sanford Power Basketball Academy to Host Youth Basketball Camp
- Skyforce Announces Five Priority Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Two-Way Players Maten, Robinson Selected to All-NBA G League Teams, All-Rookie Team
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce
- Blue Soars Past Skyforce