Austin Spurs Edge Idaho Stampede, 93-85
CEDAR PARK, Texas- Cady Lalanne posted a double-double with 16 points and 13 rebounds, and Keifer Sykes recorded a team-high 18 points Friday night at Cedar Park Center as the Austin Spurs defeated the Idaho Stampede 93-85.
Idaho took a commanding lead in the first, outscoring Austin 33-14. Idaho shot 14-of-22 (63 percent) from the field, while Austin shot 6-of-17 (35 percent).
Idaho maintained the lead in the second, leading by as many as 22 with one minute left in the half. Sykes paced Austin with six points, and Tibor Pleiss, on assignment from the Utah Jazz recorded nine points for Idaho in the quarter. Idaho finished the half on a 7-2 run making the score 53-36 at the half.
Austin opened the third on a 10-2 run (55-46 Idaho) in the first three minutes led by San Antonio Spurs assignee Ray McCallum's five points. Austin outscored Idaho 33-16 in the quarter led by Sykes with 14 points. They continued to fight back using a 10-4 run to tie the game at 69 at the end of the quarter on a made free throw by Sykes.
Austin took the lead, 71-69 in the fourth on a made two-point basket by Lalanne. Idaho stayed close, tying the game at 81 with five minutes left in the quarter. Austin responded with an 8-3 run to regain the lead 89-85 with two minutes left. Austin held onto the lead through the rest of the game, finishing 93-85.
Pleiss led all Idaho scorers posting 19 points and eight rebounds, while teammates JJ O'Brien and Brandon Fields recorded 12 points each.
Austin (17-9) and Idaho (11-19) are back at Cedar Park Center for Youth Sports Night presented by SeaWorld on Saturday, Jan. 30, at 7 p.m. (CST). For ticket information, visitaustinspurs.com or call (512) 236-8333.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 29, 2016
- Austin Spurs Edge Idaho Stampede, 93-85 - Idaho Stampede
- Austin Spurs Edge Idaho Stampede, 93-85 - Austin Spurs
- Fourth Quarter Run Propels Skyforce to Eleventh Straight Home - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Suffer Fourth Quarter Scorch from Sioux Falls Skyforce - Westchester Knicks
- Ronald Roberts Jr. records career-high 21 rebounds in win - Raptors 905
- Three-Point Shooting Lifts Red Claws over BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Red Claws Top BayHawks - Maine Red Claws
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Los Angeles D-Fenders - Erie BayHawks
- Elliot Williams Named 2016 NBA D-League All-Star - Santa Cruz Warriors
- D-Fenders Acquire Lazar Hayward and Michael Holyfield in Two Separate Trades - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Iowa Energy Acquire Zach Andrews and Two Draft Picks - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Acquire L.D. Williams - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Ronald Roberts Jr. Named to NBA D-League Eastern Conference All-Star Team - Raptors 905
- Fox Sports Southwest to Televise Four Austin Spurs Games - Austin Spurs
- Rakeem Christmas Named to the 2016 NBA D-League All-Start Game - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo Signs 10-Day Contract with New York Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Keith Appling Named 2016 NBA D-League All-Star - Erie BayHawks
- Xavier Munford Named NBA D-League All-Star - Bakersfield Jam
- Alex Stepheson Named 2016 NBA D-League All-Star - Iowa Wolves
- Green and Hunter Selected to 2015 NBA Development League All-Star Game - Reno Bighorns
- Kelley, Liggins and Stokes Selected as NBA D-League All-Stars - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Jimmer Fredette Selected to 2016 NBA Development League All-Star Team - Westchester Knicks
- Jordan Mickey Named NBA D-League All-Star - Maine Red Claws
- Blue, Harper Named to NBA Development League All-Star Game - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Sixteen NBA Veterans Headline Rosters for NBA Development League All-Star Game - G League
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Keith Bogans - Westchester Knicks
- Whittington Joins Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Rockets Recall Montrezl Harrell and K.J. McDaniels from Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Magic Sign Guard Keith Appling to Second 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Spurs Assign Ray McCallum to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Bighorns Outlast the Jam - Reno Bighorns
- Bakersfield Falls Short to Reno 138-135 - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.