Jazz Recall Tibor Pleiss from Idaho Stampede
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Jazz announced today that the team has recalled center Tibor Pleiss from the Idaho Stampede, the Jazz's exclusively owned and operated NBA D-League team. Pleiss was assigned to the Stampede on Feb. 24. He is expected re-join the team in Salt Lake City on Monday.
This marked the fifth assignment this season for Pleiss (7-3, 262, Germany). He appeared in 28 games (all starts) for the Stampede this season, averaging 12.3 points on 58.3 percent shooting, 10.5 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.4 blocks in 31.5 minutes per game. Pleiss finished the season ranked third in the D-League in rebounds per game.
The 7-3 center has seen action in 12 games for the Jazz this season, averaging 2.0 points and 1.3 rebounds in 6.8 minutes per game.
Pleiss is the fourth player to be assigned to the D-League under the new Jazz-Stampede single affiliation. Other players on the current Jazz roster with D-League experience include Rudy Gobert, Chris Johnson and Shelvin Mack.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 3, 2016
- Jazz Recall Tibor Pleiss from Idaho Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns First Round Playoff Schedule Announced - Reno Bighorns
- Southwest Division Champion Austin Spurs to Begin Playoffs in Rio Grande Valley on April 5 - Austin Spurs
- D-Fenders Playoff Schedule Set - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Western Conference Semifinals Schedule Set - G League
- Jam Come up Short in Regular Season Finale - Bakersfield Jam
- Dawkins Posts 25 in Legends' Loss to Spurs - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Defeat the Jam in Final Regular Season Game - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.