Idaho Tops Santa Cruz
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Stampede defeated the Santa Cruz Warriors, 109-106, on Saturday night at CenturyLink Arena to finish the 2015-16 regular season.
Idaho shot 73.9 percent from the field in the first quarter, outscoring Santa Cruz 37-26. Idaho increased their lead by as many as 16 points (44-28) in the second period to finish the first half with a 61-53 advantage. Despite being outscored 24-19 in the third frame, Idaho maintained control of the game. The Stampede shot 54.5 percent from the field in the final quarter to secure the victory.
"We hung in there and got good defensive stops," said Stampede Head Coach Dean Cooper. "It feels great to end the season with five straight home wins and 20 wins overall. I loved coaching this group of guys."
Idaho was led by Corey Hawkins, who recorded game-high 25 points and seven rebounds. Treveon Graham registered 23 points and eight rebounds off the bench, while Utah Jazz assignee Tibor Pleiss recorded his 13th double-double of the season (14 rebounds and 12 points). JJ O'Brien (18 points) and Phil Pressey (nine points and eight assists) combined for 27 points.
Santa Cruz was paced by Darrington Hobson, who registered a team-high 24 points and 13 rebounds. Aaron Craft (19 points) and Mychel Thompson (17) combined for 36 points.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 2, 2016
- Warriors Drop Regular Season Finale - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Idaho Tops Santa Cruz - Idaho Stampede
- Grand Rapids Nearly Beats D-League's Best Team - Grand Rapids Drive
- Sioux Falls Earns 107-106 Victory over Grand Rapids - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- RGV Vipers Win Regular-Season Finale 128-121 over Los Angeles - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Secures Division Championship with Win against Texas 104-84 - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Energy Finish Season with Win - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks End Regular Season with Loss - Westchester Knicks
- Red Claws Finish Regular Season with Win over Knicks - Maine Celtics
- Drive Make Final Roster Moves - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stampede Acquire Kevin Parrom - Idaho Stampede
- Jam Dropped by Bighorns - Bakersfield Jam
- The Bighorns Spread the Jam Thin - Reno Bighorns
- Douglas-Roberts Tabs Triple-Double in Win - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.