Jam Dropped by Bighorns
RENO, NV - The Bakersfield Jam (22-27) fell to the Reno Bighorns (32-17) 130-124 Friday night at the Reno Events Center. Six Jam players scored in double-figures, led by Terrico White's 25 on 10-of-18 shooting.
The Bighorns took control of the game with a 20-13 lead over the Jam midway through the first quarter after a dunk by Kadeem Jack. Jack would end the quarter with 10 points behind a 4-5 shooting effort. The Bighorns would go into the second quarter with a 41-36 lead.
The Bighorns maintained their advantage over the Jam opening the second on a 7-2 run giving the Bighorns an early 51-42 lead with 10:00 remaining in the second half. The Bighorns would lead the Jam by 10 midway through the quarter. The Jam would close the deficit to five but would lose the frame 37-34. The Bighorns would lead the Jam 78-70 going into the locker room at the half. The Bighorns shot 63.2% the first half.
The Jam would chip away at the Bighorns going on a 7-2 run early in the third quarter. The Jam would take control of the lead for the second time in the contest with a 102-101 advantage over the Bighorns going into the final quarter.
The Bighorns would open the fourth quarter going on an 11-3 run to lead the Jam 112-105 early in the fourth. With 6:00 remaining in play, the Bighorns would net three triples in 1:30, making it a 121-110 game at the four minute mark. The Jam would go on an 8-4 run late in the quarter closing the deficit to seven points. The Bighorns would not relinquish the lead, earning a 130-124 victory over the Jam.
Askia Booker came off the bench and had 21 points and six assists, while Cory Jefferson knotted a double-double with 21 points and 11 rebounds. Kyle Casey (19), Deonte Burton (18) and Xavier Silas (17) also finished in double-digit scoring.
Ricky Ledo had a game-high 30 points and David Stockton tallied 29 points and six assists. Kadeem Jack added 21 points.
Bakersfield will play its final game of the season tomorrow against the Bighorns at 7:00 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 2, 2016
- Warriors Drop Regular Season Finale - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Idaho Tops Santa Cruz - Idaho Stampede
- Grand Rapids Nearly Beats D-League's Best Team - Grand Rapids Drive
- Sioux Falls Earns 107-106 Victory over Grand Rapids - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- RGV Vipers Win Regular-Season Finale 128-121 over Los Angeles - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Secures Division Championship with Win against Texas 104-84 - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Energy Finish Season with Win - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks End Regular Season with Loss - Westchester Knicks
- Red Claws Finish Regular Season with Win over Knicks - Maine Red Claws
- Drive Make Final Roster Moves - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stampede Acquire Kevin Parrom - Idaho Stampede
- Jam Dropped by Bighorns - Bakersfield Jam
- The Bighorns Spread the Jam Thin - Reno Bighorns
- Douglas-Roberts Tabs Triple-Double in Win - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.