Memphis Grizzlies Sign Xavier Munford to Second 10-Day Contract
Memphis, Tenn. - The Memphis Grizzlies today announced that the team has signed guard Xavier Munford to a second 10-day contract.
Munford (6-3, 180) has appeared in five games with the Grizzlies after signing his first 10-day contract with the team on March 16 and has averaged 2.4 points, 1.6 rebounds and 0.8 assists in 10.2 minutes. The 23-year-old was called up from the NBA Development League's Bakersfield Jam, where he appeared in 41 games (37 starts) and averaged 20.4 points (.490 FG/.412 3P/.811 FT), 4.2 rebounds, 6.4 assists and 1.00 steals in 33.7 minutes. A 2016 D-League All-Star, he ranks sixth among qualifying players in assists per game and 11th in scoring average.
Undrafted in the 2014 Draft, Munford transferred to the University of Rhode Island as a junior and completed his collegiate career with averages of 17.1 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 35.5 minutes in 61 games (all starts) over two seasons. The New Jersey native led the Rams in scoring in each of his two years with the program.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 27, 2016
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Xavier Munford to Second 10-Day Contract - Bakersfield Jam
- Booker, White Lead Jam Past Vipers - Bakersfield Jam
- Brooklyn Nets Sign Henry Sims to Second 10-Day Contract - Grand Rapids Drive
- Bighorns Become Western Conference Champions with Win over Idaho - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns Become Western Conference Champions with Win over Idaho - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.